ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply as partner of British citizen using EEA2??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

progeny5kay

Can I apply as partner of British citizen using EEA2??

Post by progeny5kay » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi, I need an advice from you guys and i will appreciate any input, I have just applied under Zambrano as me and my partner live together with our two children and i submit birth cert. for my daughters and also birth cert. for my woman and her passport and all other document but after pestering their lives for COA they sent my application back stating that i have mention both my partner and my children as sponsor that i should state one and re apply but with the way zambrano are just being issued with COA and no decision am thinking maybe i should apply as a family member with EEA2 of a British citen as i don't have money to pay under UK immigration rules so i need an advice on the best way to go about this. Thanks for your input

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi, expert and knowledgeable ones i have posted a previous post few days now and i need your input or advise to make a decision as i can see it has so many views but not a single reply. i have applied as a father of British child but submitted her birth certificate and the other documents with my woman's document for her identification but home office sent my document back asking me to re-apply as i have used my woman and my child as sponsor which surprises me as my baby can't be my sponsor and i also made it clear in my covering letter that i am applying on zambrano but i thiink the case worker is a bit inexperience and got confused but now am thinking maybe i should go as unmarried partner of a British citizen as they are not issuing document on Zambrano please help me!!! :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Why do you think Zambrano applies in your case?

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:41 pm

I think it applies as My woman British and my Daughter is but I have overstayed my visa so i have got no status

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:48 pm

I suggest you read Making a Zambrano application and see if your case falls within the scope of Zambrano.

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Jambo thank you very much for your help and also i have read what you referred me to and i believe i fall into that scope as am the main carer of my child as my partner is on sick for now but we are still together and live together maybe that affects my zambrano scope i don't know but if you think otherwise i will like your opinion as i think you know more than me please

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:09 pm

I can't comment on your circumstances. The link I referred to explains the HO view of the requirements for dependency on a child or an adult. You need to decide which one of the two meets your case better and apply accordingly.

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:11 pm

OK thanks for your input :)

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:03 pm

progeny5kay wrote:OK thanks for your input :)
I suggest that you apply on the basis of your children, they depend on you as their father. You may not succeed if you apply on the basis of your wife being dependent on you. You may need to use the services of a legal representative. Zambrano is a new territory and rather complex.

progeny5kay

Zambrano update

Post by progeny5kay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Applied :23/05/2012
Returned back: 22/07/2012 saying i have stated my children and partner that i should choose one
so i re-applied based on my children:03/08/2012
Received COA on: 15/10/2012 dated 11/10/2012
Sent them a letter to request update in December and a week later they sent me a DRF1 form which i have filled and sent back to them in December