ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has recently switched Job

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

man1976

Has recently switched Job

Post by man1976 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:21 pm

Hi,
I am eligible to apply for Naturalization (based on 4 year Work Permit and 1 year permenant residency)

I have recently switched job and my previous company has sent me P45 to me and have informed Inland Revenue that i have left job.

My new company has sent the P45 to Inland revenue but when i called Inland revenue they informed me that it takes 45 days to update the systems

I want to know if it will effect my application. Should i wait till the INland REvenue has updated the systems to have my new employer details

Regards
man1976

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:54 pm

This does not affect your application for naturalisation.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:22 am

The main tax issue that the British Nationality division is interested in when assessing your application for naturalisation is whether or not you have any outstanding tax bills with Inland Revenue.

So really the only issue you have to worry about with regards to how up-to-date your tax records are, is whether or not your tax records reflect any recent payments to Inland Revenue to pay outstanding tax bills. If you are a normal PAYE employee then chances are this won't affect you. If you are self-employed or the director of your own limited company then it will.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.