ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

weikianng

Tier 2 General

Post by weikianng » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Dear all,

Good day. This is my last chance of staying in the UK so would like to know if it is possible before applying. I would like to stay in the UK permanently rather than just for 6 years with the Tier 2 (G).

Basically, what happened was that my previous employer (restaurant) has recently offered to sponsor me a Tier 2 General Visa. This employer is already on the Registry of Sponsors and has an unused COS.

I am currently holding a PSW Visa and working with another employer with basic salary. My PSW Visa will expiry on January 2013.

I am being offered £20k per annual, employed as a restaurant manager.

Can I please ask:
1. Do I need to meet the NVQ requirements? Are there any difference if the employer was allocated a CoS before 14 June 2012?

2. Can I apply for settlement if I am paid less than £35k per annual for the few years ahead and only be paid £35k annual in the year of applying for settlement?

3. Is it compulsory for the PSW holders to work for 6 months prior for the Tier 2 G application? - Resident Labour Market Not Required if applicant is a PSW Holder Does it means the employer can offer an unrestricted CoS directly?

Thank you in advance and I hope fellow forumers will be lending me a helping hand in giving me valuable opinions.

Best regards,
weikianng

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi there,

Anyone would be able to shed me some light?

Thank you in advance!

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General

Post by david1955 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:24 pm

weikianng wrote:Dear all,

Good day. This is my last chance of staying in the UK so would like to know if it is possible before applying. I would like to stay in the UK permanently rather than just for 6 years with the Tier 2 (G).

Basically, what happened was that my previous employer (restaurant) has recently offered to sponsor me a Tier 2 General Visa. This employer is already on the Registry of Sponsors and has an unused COS.

I am currently holding a PSW Visa and working with another employer with basic salary. My PSW Visa will expiry on January 2013.

I am being offered £20k per annual, employed as a restaurant manager.

Can I please ask:
1. Do I need to meet the NVQ requirements? Are there any difference if the employer was allocated a CoS before 14 June 2012?

2. Can I apply for settlement if I am paid less than £35k per annual for the few years ahead and only be paid £35k annual in the year of applying for settlement?

3. Is it compulsory for the PSW holders to work for 6 months prior for the Tier 2 G application? - Resident Labour Market Not Required if applicant is a PSW Holder Does it means the employer can offer an unrestricted CoS directly?

Thank you in advance and I hope fellow forumers will be lending me a helping hand in giving me valuable opinions.

Best regards,
weikianng
(1) the job should at or above NQF 6 level. No difference
(2) Minimum 35 k for settlement for the all tier 2 general granted after april 2011
(3) This requirement has been removed. if qualify you can apply.

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 pm

david1955 wrote: (1) the job should at or above NQF 6 level. No difference
(2) Minimum 35 k for settlement for the all tier 2 general granted after april 2011
Thank you for your reply.
For Answer 2, do you know if I will have to be paid at least £35k every year, or only in the year which I am applying for settlement?

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:40 pm

weikianng wrote:
For Answer 2, do you know if I will have to be paid at least £35k every year, or only in the year which I am applying for settlement?
Its not confirmed yet. but i think u will have to produce a month payslip before applying

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:00 pm

david1955 wrote:
weikianng wrote:
Its not confirmed yet. but i think u will have to produce a month payslip before applying
Thank you very much David.

I think it is really difficult to stay as it is impossible to be working in restaurant as NVQ 6 qualification. Have to go back to where I come from.