ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Poor Service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paz
Newly Registered

Poor Service

Post by paz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Once again, poor service

May be these people from UKBA do not realize that they are depending on our money

Message goes to Nigel Fisher (arrogant, no manners,, will say not been taught any manners by his parents if they did bother looking after him.

Noorin, she thinks UKBA is for her and talks as if his mum is the queen of England

So people from UKBA listen you I....., when you get phone calls from people wanting to enquire, you have to F..... listen to us as we have paid our money to apply for this and it is not free, and to get through to you, we have paid as the number is not free , waited for more than 20 mins, and there must be a reason we calling you.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:32 am

Did you receive an invitation to come to this country?
Did anyone force you to make an application?
There are 10s and thousands of people who pay for applications, your are not the first or only person.

There can be no answer to the queries. The only answer that could be is "application is under consideration" or something on that line.

When you application is decided, you will get the decision through the post.

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:02 am

asim72 wrote:Did you receive an invitation to come to this country?
There are 10s and thousands of people who pay for applications, your are not the first or only person.

There can be no answer to the queries. The only answer that could be is "application is under consideration" or something on that line.

Because an application is optional - it somehow gives validity to bad (& expensive) service?

Don't think so buddy.

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:53 am

I guess they have bad customer service or you were unlucky and got someone who isn't very good at their job
Sis-in-law..
2 May 2012 : English test Results
4 July 2012 @ Mirpur : Submitted Spouse Visa
17 July 2012 : Under process at BHC
20 November 2012 : Received RFC
21 November 2012 : Visa approved
Dec 2012 : Arrived in England

m3y

Post by m3y » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:24 am

AcrossBorders wrote:
asim72 wrote:Did you receive an invitation to come to this country?

Because an application is optional - it somehow gives validity to bad (& expensive) service?

Don't think so buddy.
Asim your comment is Ridiculous .. you make a choice for any service you obtain.. if you got poor service from a restaurant, do you deserve to complain just because there are other people in the restaurant who got the same service and you chose to go that restaurant? You pay for a service and you expect it to be provided... which in the case of the op may not be the case so he has every right to complain
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:05 pm

There is a restaurant, that has been well known for poor service, poor hygiene standards, rude staff, useless management, rubbish quality of food. After having full knowledge of all this, you still decide to go and have a meal in that restaurant.

So.............................................

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:42 pm

It's not like there are any alternative "restaurants" Asim. Not everyone knows how the service is like before they get married. Do they not have a right to voice their dissatisfaction?

I hope you aren't suggesting the only options are to end one's marriage or to move abroad... there is a third option, ie the service can be improved.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:57 pm

A very good point ruuh. We all know, including the Government, that the standards and working practices of the Border Agency are appalling. Promises are frequently made that the service will improve and with increasing visa fees, applicants, the 'customers' of the UKBA deserve better treatment. If we accept poor customer service without speaking up, nothing is going to change. To quote the Romanian born American writer Elie Weisel
"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”
Last edited by Casa on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

mo8
Newly Registered

Post by mo8 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:56 pm

the UKBA is a government agency, applications for visas for foreigners to remain in the UK.

Some should try the same govt services in other countries, and compare you will be shocked.

My husband told me he can only imagine going to the Indian home office to apply for his spouse visa to remain in India, he even laughed and said imagine how it would be like in Pakistan.

Government agencies are not there to be your friend

Speaking in a clear manner, always gets answers.

The amount of abuse UKBA staff are subjected to must be horrible as the UK gives lots of hand outs to free loaders, and when they dont meet immigration rules they get abusive to these people doing their jobs.

End of story you get what you pay for :-) you choose where you want to remain, your not forced.

mo8
Newly Registered

Post by mo8 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:01 pm

people also complain about the schools in the Uk and the NHS< they should try in other countries first :-)

m3y

Post by m3y » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 am

mo8 wrote:the UKBA is a government agency, applications for visas for foreigners to remain in the UK.

Some should try the same govt services in other countries, and compare you will be shocked.

My husband told me he can only imagine going to the Indian home office to apply for his spouse visa to remain in India, he even laughed and said imagine how it would be like in Pakistan.

Government agencies are not there to be your friend

Speaking in a clear manner, always gets answers.

The amount of abuse UKBA staff are subjected to must be horrible as the UK gives lots of hand outs to free loaders, and when they dont meet immigration rules they get abusive to these people doing their jobs.

End of story you get what you pay for :-) you choose where you want to remain, your not forced.
This is my home.. i have been born and raised here, I pay alot of of taxes here and I paid a high fee for the visa application... why should i deserve poor treatment... I imagine service probably would be worse in pakistan or india but i don't live there, I am british and live in the UK and paid for a service through both the application fee and my taxes so why shouldnt i expect it to be a good service? Would the same leniency be shown if such service was provided by for example a bank?? i think not..

By the way, I agree that if staff are subjected to abuse then it is unaccaptable... however that doesn't mean the UKBA should provide a poor service

mo8
Newly Registered

Post by mo8 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 am

@M3Y

When calling any government agency, asking/speaking in a clear manner, normally works.

If the UKBA staff have been rude to you, all calls are recorded, as your British, why dont you make a formal complaint to the UKBA< date and time of your call, your complaint will be seen to and rectified accordingly.

Your first post was one of anger and posting UKBA staff's names on a public forum, and making personal comments towards them.

If you have been treated badly, SURE you can complain but not by bashing peoples personal names with personal comments.

Just because you are paying for a service, you dont give respect to others, if you have not been respected, two wrongs dont make a right, this is what I have learnt from living in the UK and from my British husband !

m3y

Post by m3y » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:15 am

mo8 wrote:@M3Y

When calling any government agency, asking/speaking in a clear manner, normally works.

If the UKBA staff have been rude to you, all calls are recorded, as your British, why dont you make a formal complaint to the UKBA< date and time of your call, your complaint will be seen to and rectified accordingly.

Your first post was one of anger and posting UKBA staff's names on a public forum, and making personal comments towards them.

If you have been treated badly, SURE you can complain but not by bashing peoples personal names with personal comments.

Just because you are paying for a service, you dont give respect to others, if you have not been respected, two wrongs dont make a right, this is what I have learnt from living in the UK and from my British husband !
Im not the OP, and haven't had to have to contact the UKBA directly (yet!!) so have not experienced their service... i just feel the op has the right to complain about poor service if they have recieved it.. and in your post you seemed to imply this shouldn't be the case, just because we have it better than other countries...

mo8
Newly Registered

Post by mo8 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:28 am

my post was aimed at the OP< a person who thinks fit to put the names of UKBA staff on a public forum, because they did not tell him what he wanted to hear.

Yet he cries wolf

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:59 am

"Speaking in a clear manner, always gets answers." Regrettably not in the case of UKBA 'help lines'...and the answers when given are notoriously incorrect.
I'm not sure where 'yet he cries wolf' from Aesops Fables comes into it.
:? [/i]

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:57 am

Asim your comments fall flat on their head considering most people spend £800+ for the VISA and then £200 or more on other document preparation specifically for the VISA.

People pay that amount of money and they have every right to expect 1. a good customer service and 2. accurate information and 3. consistency in processing times.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 am

paz wrote:Hi

Applied in 13 th Feb 2012

Payment taken 15th Feb (MAY B they should take the money after they have done their work )

Biometric letter dated 19th March

WAITING

WAITING

Now they going on stike, many people are off work and willing to work, if you think the pay is not good or job is not for you, LEAVE I...... and make place for others, go and queue in front of job centres to claim benefits, thats still my tax money

Agree with people, we need to take legal actions for stress and considering how much we pay for this service.

Also, is there anyone or any particular groups we can complain about this service that we are paying for.
paz wrote:Do they not work on Fridays? Or they having fun sitting down and getting paid??

I hope that they choke and their food and their family as well as they are being fed with my money

Called at 13.11 on phone til 13. 38 and no answer

What are they up to??
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#679953

The strike was proposed partly because of a 22% staffing cut by 2015.