ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on overstay 4days more than 180days on 2 yearsvisa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gpr.sap@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Query on overstay 4days more than 180days on 2 yearsvisa

Post by gpr.sap@gmail.com » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Dear Friends,

I have a Query on overstay of 4days ( exceeding 180 days) in family 2 years visitor visa

My mother has UK visiting visa for 2 years. On her first visit she stayed total 165 days out of 180 days and one her second visit due to some circumstances she may require to overstay 4 days (which is exceeding 180 days) however she has valid visa another 4 months. In overall she would be staying around 350 days in 2 years visa. In the past she always followed visa rules.

Could anyone suggest would there be any issues on her next visit or any issues when she is leaving the UK on her current visit.

Is there any option to overcome this situation?

I would really appreciate your help and suggestion

Thanks
PR

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Query on overstay 4days more than 180days on 2 yearsvisa

Post by longshift » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:36 pm

gpr.sap@gmail.com wrote:Dear Friends,

Could anyone suggest would there be any issues on her next visit or any issues when she is leaving the UK on her current visit.

This would breach the the condition of her visa and will have adverse effect on her next visit. My father only stayed 4 months on 2 occation of his 2 year visa and had to go through a lot of scrutiny at the airport on his 3rd and final visit. He didn't even breached his visa condition and he had to answer a lot of question. Your mother will definately face difficulty if she stays over 6 months at a stretch.

Is there any option to overcome this situation?

Make sure she goes back before 6 months. There is no other solution to it.