ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK Test - Applicability Tier 1 ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vishal_t
Newly Registered

Life in UK Test - Applicability Tier 1 ILR

Post by vishal_t » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:35 am

Hello Guys
I was granted HSMP in August 2006 and entered UK in Sep 2007.
So, is the ''Life in UK'' Test applicable to me to get ILR in Sep 2012 as I believe i would be judged on the conditions prevalent in August 2006 ?

Incase yes, is it possible to book a slot in the next 2-3 weeks ? Also, please let me know where these tests need to be given (online or other locations within London).

Many thanks
Vish

neel
Newly Registered

Re: Life in UK Test - Applicability Tier 1 ILR

Post by neel » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi Vish,

I am exactly in the same boat as you are. When I spoke with UKBA customer services, they have told me that as per the HSMP ILR JR, Life UK Test is not required only for the main applicants. But they have told me that it is required for dependants, as we have been shifted to Tier-1, when they've extended the FLR.

So, my wife is now taking the test though it may or may not be required. Yes, you may get the slots if you are willing to travel any test center.

HTH.
neel

vishal_t
Newly Registered

Re: Life in UK Test - Applicability Tier 1 ILR

Post by vishal_t » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:15 pm

neel wrote:Hi Vish,

I am exactly in the same boat as you are. When I spoke with UKBA customer services, they have told me that as per the HSMP ILR JR, Life UK Test is not required only for the main applicants. But they have told me that it is required for dependants, as we have been shifted to Tier-1, when they've extended the FLR.

So, my wife is now taking the test though it may or may not be required. Yes, you may get the slots if you are willing to travel any test center.

HTH.
neel
Do you mean to say that I am exempt but my wife would need to give the test - Is there anyone who can confirm this as this sounds a bit strange. Many thanks Neel
I presume its not needed for minors (under 16) ?