ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 (retained rights of residence) documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lucky802
Newly Registered

EEA4 (retained rights of residence) documents

Post by lucky802 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:40 pm

I am about to apply for PR on the grounds of divorce. My EEA2 expires in Aug and divorce has just come through now so I decided to use EEA4 form.
I have a bit of a problem though with the documents to confirm 5 year residence.
Since me and my ex husband lived in a property which was rented privately I do not have tenancy agreements and utility bills on our names. I am going to send just his nad mine bank statements, inland revenue letters,hospital letters and credit card bills. Does anyone know if this will be enough to prove residence?
Would be grateful for any information!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Sounds too much to me. Unless they cover different periods, there is no much point sending several sources of documents.

lucky802
Newly Registered

Post by lucky802 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Jambo wrote:Sounds too much to me. Unless they cover different periods, there is no much point sending several sources of documents.
Thank you. It is a very big pile of paper to be honest. I might reduce the number of documents.Do you think just bank statements would be enough to cover 5 year residence?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:33 pm

lucky802 wrote: Thank you. It is a very big pile of paper to be honest. I might reduce the number of documents.Do you think just bank statements would be enough to cover 5 year residence?
Yes.

In fact, you just need to prove 6 months out of 12 months every year to meet the requirements for PR.

lucky802
Newly Registered

Post by lucky802 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Yes.

In fact, you just need to prove 6 months out of 12 months every year to meet the requirements for PR.[/quote]

Excellent news. Thanks for your reply. Also if applying on the grounds of divorce is it still essential to provide ex's EEA passport?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 pm

lucky802 wrote:Excellent news. Thanks for your reply. Also if applying on the grounds of divorce is it still essential to provide ex's EEA passport?
Not essential but would make the process easier.
If you don't provide the ex passport and hasn't applied before for retention of rights, make sure that you explain in a cover letter why the passport is not provided.
The HO normally do an initial verification of the application checking that the necessary documents are provided. If they don't spot a passport, the application would be returned (not refused, just returned).

lucky802
Newly Registered

Post by lucky802 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Thank you, good to know. You are very helpful!

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:59 pm

@ Jambo:
Regarding the 6 months out of a year rule, do I have to present 6 pieces of evidence in both names for every single year? if in both names, does it mean 3 a year for each person?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:08 am

Guerro wrote:@ Jambo:
Regarding the 6 months out of a year rule, do I have to present 6 pieces of evidence in both names for every single year? if in both names, does it mean 3 a year for each person?

Thanks
Not at all. There is no requirement to present a specific number of evidence. If you have one tenancy agreement that covers 5 years that would be enough (just as an example. I don't think people sign for a 5 years tenancy).
I would say one or two utility bills for each year should be enough (to be honest, I never understood why utility bills or tenancy agreements prove residence. They just prove you were paying bills for that period. Not your whereabouts).

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:30 am

Jambo, Thank you very much :)