ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Main applicant - Application form questions - Urgent!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aravindb4u

Tier 1 Main applicant - Application form questions - Urgent!

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:17 am

I have a few doubts in Tier 1 Main Applicant application forms. Would be great and thankful for any replies.

B11. Home Office reference number(s) (if known):
B14. Points Based System migrant reference number (if known):

What is the difference between the two? I have my initial Tier 1 General grant letter which has a PBS reference number, starting as PBxxxxxxxx. Can I put this number for questions B11 and B14?

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document

Is this the number printed in RED colour? or the VAF no?

D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?

I have my Tier 1 visa in old passport which is expired now and my new passport has no visa as I have not transferred my Tier 1 visa to new passport. So in my case what should I answer for D5?

J6. The applicant should input his/her earnings into the Tier 1 (General) points based
calculator and provide his/her total earnings claimed in pounds sterling.

When I entered my earnings in the PBS calculator which is 26307.30, it showed an error saying that "Please enter a positive number". I repeated couple of times and same error. I tried without the decimal as just 26307 and it showed the correct points. Is this a bug in UKBA site and should I fill in the application form the exact amount 26307.30?

K1. The applicant should confirm whether he/she wishes to claim points for his/her UK experience:

All my earnings are in UK. Can I claim points for UK experience for Tier 1 extension? I am providing employer letter with monthly break-down of salaries and confirming that earnings are in UK. Will that be sufficient?

Thanks

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:58 am

Can someone help please....pretty urgent...thanks

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:11 am

B11 - Leave blank

B14 - Enter PBSxx number from Tier ! grant letter

D4 - yes, Number printed in RED

D5 - Answer as NO and send the old passport as well with the application

J6 - Fill in the exact amount in the form

K1 - You can claim points for UK experience; employer letter with GBP earnings will suffice

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:16 am

Thanks a lot layman....Big relief now!!!

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi Layman,

Any ideas for questions in this topic?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=109568

Thanks a lot!