ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant form questions - Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aravindb4u

PBS dependant form questions - Urgent

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:47 am

Hi,

I have a dependant(wife) in UK applying at the same time as me (Tier 1 General extension) using PBS dependant form via post - all in same envelope

Few doubts regarding PBS dependant form. Any replies much appreciated.

For question C1, Passport details, the form asks for "country of issue and
issuing authority". What should I enter for issuing authority? In my wife's passport there is a stamp as "Ministry of external affairs" and one more stamp "Passport Office, <CITY NAME>". Can I enter this?

C3. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

My wife has only one passport and she came to UK as my dependant in Oct 2011 by getting Tier 1 Gen Dependant as Entry Clearance. Given that we already enter Passport details in C1, not sure why they ask the details again here in C3? Is it because of the word "previous grant" ?

H1& H2

H1. Have you ever had any Home Office or uK Border agency reference number(s) assigned to you?
YES Go to question H2 NO Go to question H3

H2. your Home Office or uK Border agency reference number

This is the first time she is applying from inside UK. She has got only entry clearance from India as Tier 1 dependant. In this case, what is the reference number? Is this mandatory to fill? Or is this the entry clearance number(RED ONE) in visa? very confused. please help!

K1. Have you previously been granted leave as the dependant of the main applicant?

Yes/No ? This is the first time she is applying inside UK as extension. Her first grant is Entry clearance from India as Tier 1 Dependant.

K11. Do you intend to stay in the uK beyond the period of leave that the main applicant has been granted

Given that we are applying for extension at the same time by post, what should we tick for K11? Yes/NO?

L3. Reference number of the main applicant’s most recent application to us:
L4. Date of the main applicant’s most recent application to us:

Given that we are applying at the same time by post, what should she answer in L3 & L4? My initial Tier 1 grant date & reference number? OR my extension application date on when I will be posting? For which I wont be having ref number. Is this section mandatory?

M6. Has the main applicant’s application been assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HsmP Forum ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?

My initial Tier 1 was granted on Sep 2009. So should I tick YES/NO for this? If I tick NO am I not in accordance with the rules?

Thanks again for this wonderful forum, moderators and all guys taking time to reply things....Hats off!!

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:05 pm

anybody there? please help me with your thoughts....

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:46 pm

C1 - Just mention Ministry of external affairs, <country name>
C3 - Mention Yes and give the details of the passport if asked
H1 - If you have any reference number from initial grant, mention yes and provide that in H2
K1 - Yes
K11 - No
L3 - Provide details of your first application
L4 - Date for your first application
M6 - If you have nothing to do with HSMP, answer No

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: PBS dependant form questions - Urgent

Post by longshift » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:36 pm

aravindb4u wrote:
For question C1, Passport details, the form asks for "country of issue and
issuing authority". What should I enter for issuing authority? In my wife's passport there is a stamp as "Ministry of external affairs" and one more stamp "Passport Office, <CITY NAME>". Can I enter this?

Country Name(Eg. India), Issuing Authority(eg. Asst. Consular officer, High Commision Of India, London)(If not indian, google passport issuing authority of your country)

C3. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

My wife has only one passport and she came to UK as my dependant in Oct 2011 by getting Tier 1 Gen Dependant as Entry Clearance. Given that we already enter Passport details in C1, not sure why they ask the details again here in C3? Is it because of the word "previous grant" ?

It seems many of you are confused about question C3. Let me explain this very clearly one more time. You don't have to give the details of the passport again which you have given in C1 in C3. So in your case the answer is NO.

If your wife had another passport which had another leave which was used to enter UK when she last travelled here then you should enter the details of that passport. No need otherwise.

H1& H2

H1. Have you ever had any Home Office or uK Border agency reference number(s) assigned to you?
YES Go to question H2 NO Go to question H3

H2. your Home Office or uK Border agency reference number

This is the first time she is applying from inside UK. She has got only entry clearance from India as Tier 1 dependant. In this case, what is the reference number? Is this mandatory to fill? Or is this the entry clearance number(RED ONE) in visa? very confused. please help!

H1 is Mandatory. But saying Yes is not.

Answer Yes, if your wife has got her approval letter for the Tier 1 dependant visa in india then provide the reference number from it in H2.

Answer No otherwise and H2 wont come in picture.

K1. Have you previously been granted leave as the dependant of the main applicant?

Yes/No ? This is the first time she is applying inside UK as extension. Her first grant is Entry clearance from India as Tier 1 Dependant.

This one is an obvious Yes in your case. So Yes.

K11. Do you intend to stay in the uK beyond the period of leave that the main applicant has been granted

Given that we are applying for extension at the same time by post, what should we tick for K11? Yes/NO?

Definately No.

L3. Reference number of the main applicant’s most recent application to us:

L4. Date of the main applicant’s most recent application to us:

Given that we are applying at the same time by post, what should she answer in L3 & L4? My initial Tier 1 grant date & reference number? OR my extension application date on when I will be posting? For which I wont be having ref number. Is this section mandatory?

L3. Leave it blank.
L4. Give the date of this extension application.

Since, you are applying togather it doesn't make a difference. Just make sure to add this point in your covering letter that you have left L3 blank as you don't have the reference number of your application.

M6. Has the main applicant’s application been assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HsmP Forum ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?

My initial Tier 1 was granted on Sep 2009. So should I tick YES/NO for this? If I tick NO am I not in accordance with the rules?

You are not part of HSMP JR. So Answer NO.
Finally, Good Luck.

HamidReza
Newly Registered

Dependant PBS tier 4 form - Section N

Post by HamidReza » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi guys, I am a student and I am applying for extension of visa for myself and my dependant. Can anyone please help me with this one question, i am desperate to find an answer to it.

in Section N, question N5 is asking: "For how many calendar months will you accompany the main applicant during their course of study in the UK?"

For answering this question, what date should I start counting the number of months from? do I need to count from the date my visa expires or the date I was granted new study extension by University?

I am applying now (which is August) and based on my CAS letter I have until 31 August 2013 to finish my study! does it mean i have to put 12 month or I have to count from when my new extension has started (I got extension from 31 April 2012 that was my old submission date until 31 August 2013) which means 15 months!

So I am not sure to put 12 month or 15 months or any other number?

I appreciate ur help.

Hamid