ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidential Flexibility

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gali1982
Newly Registered

Evidential Flexibility

Post by gali1982 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm

I have just recently come across a very interesting article and were wondering if other members would like to comment yes you guessed it its regarding Evidential Flexibility.

The Question is whether this applies to spouse visa applications, my husband submitted his visa application without his English test certificate, would this apply in his case.

In August 2009 the UK Border Agency introduced a policy of ‘evidential flexibility’, which allows caseworkers to contact visa or work permit applicants for missing documentation or to correct minor errors in an application.

m3y

Post by m3y » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:13 pm

I don't know the correct answer to your question but in my opinion it depends on where you apply.. i think in south asian countrys i.e. pakistan / india i think it is usually a straight rejection for any missing docs / mistakes in the application... however for other less busy application countrys it seems more flexibility is shown..

This is all in my opinion of course
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

vignette

Post by vignette » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:02 am

I think that if they exercise evidential flexibility it would be to contact him to ask for the test certificate to be submitted, on the basis that he may have forgotten to include it by mistake.

It doesn't mean that they set aside the rules - so if he doesn't have one or its dated after the date of application for his visa then his application would still be refused I would think.