ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Reg recent change in immigration rule

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sadagopan84
Newly Registered

Query Reg recent change in immigration rule

Post by sadagopan84 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:32 am

Hi all,
I am Sada and i am in tier 1 visa. My visa expires 2013 jan. I was looking at the ukba site and saw a change of rules for immigration recently. I am not sure if i am looking at this correctly but if anyone knows anything about the below change please help me as i am looking for an extension by end of oct-12

The folloing is taken from ukba site

38. After paragraph 245CE(ca), delete:
“Requirements:
(i) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal,
and must not be an illegal entrant.
(ii) The applicant must have, or have last been granted, entry clearance, leave to
enter or remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant which was granted in accordance with
these Rules in force on or before 8 November 2006.
(iii) The applicant must have become Self-Employed in the UK whilst having
leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, and must provide the specified documents.
(iv) The applicant must have been Self-Employed for at least 4 months prior to the
date the current application for leave to remain was made, and the specified
documents must be provided.

(v) The applicant must have ongoing business commitments for at least 6 monthsafter the date the current application for leave to remain was made, and the
specified documents must be provided.
(vi) The applicant must have 10 points under Appendix B.
(vii) The applicant must have 10 points under Appendix C.
If the requirements above are met, leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant will
be granted for a period of 3 years, subject to the conditions in paragraph 245D(c)
above.”
and substitute:
“(d) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and
must not be an illegal entrant.
(e) If the requirements are met, leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant will be
granted for a period of 3 years, subject to the conditions in paragraph 245CB(c)
above.”

I am currently working as a permanet staff for a uk based company. I need to know if i need to become self employed before i can renew my visa.

the below is the link for the document.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofchanges/

Thank you
Sada

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:54 pm

No.

You need to assess your points and see if you get the necessary points to qualify for the visa. There is no requirement stating that you need to be self employed to qualify.

You have read only an excerpt and not the full rules. Read the full rules and you will get more clarity.

Kind Regards

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 pm

What you have read are statements of changes.... this particular rule may be applicable for Tier 1 (Ent).... not sure but.