ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

suggestions please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saratbabu07

suggestions please

Post by saratbabu07 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:03 am

Dear members,

1) I am working with IBM as an Assistant Project Manager, I wanted to know if my role can be classified as a senior level role and will i be able to claim points under the senior level category.

2) I was in the UK for 2 months from Feb - April, 06. During which i was given daily allowance apart from my salary, will i be able to claim the daily allowance as part of my annual income.

Kindly sent me your thoughts at the earliest as it is very urgent.

Thanks & Regards,
Sarat Babu

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:38 am

only job designation and name of the company is not enough to assess the work experience. you need to write full job description and hierarchy of the company to ask for any suggestion.

I am not sure about the allowance thing.

saratbabu07

suggestion please

Post by saratbabu07 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:46 pm

These are some of my job responsibilities:
Collection of inputs from project stakeholders to define the project requirements
Planning and organizing the project activities, including determining resource requirements
Working with the project’s sponsor for the direction and resourcing of the projects requirements
Coordination with technical managers and team members on project activities
Communication with other business centre managers and stakeholders on projects updates
Ensure scope control and change management process and procedures are adhered to
Assuring the quality of the project management process
Producing project status report and forecasting
Resolution of conflicts within the project team or between the cross function divisions
Performs the overall day-to-day management of the project to ensure that project objectives are achieved within time/cost/quality constraints, whilst managing stakeholder expectations
Responsible for project documentation (e.g. Project registry document and project plan)
Responsible for ensuring that requirements and acceptance criteria are satisfactorily captured by the business and agrees the strategy for the project with the steering group .

I report to the Senior manager - operations, who reports to the service delivery leader.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:25 am

Dear saratbabu07,

Could you please tell me what kind of degree is needed for this position?

saratbabu07

Sugesstion please

Post by saratbabu07 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:32 am

Any Graduate level degree is required for the role. Along with graduation one will need 4-5 yrs of work experience for such role.