ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Croydon PEO 30th July 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

ILR Success - Croydon PEO 30th July 2012

Post by Buzz bee » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi all,

Loads of thanks to this forum. It helped me a lot with my ILR application. I was just a frequent visitor of this forum for the past 2 months :D I took into account each and every suggestion. I had even set up a google alert to notify me when a discussion tales place regarding ILR.

MY EXPERIENCE ON THE BIG DAY :shock:

Past 5 years Leave : 1 year work permit + 2 years HSMP + 2

years Tier 1 General

Number of Applicants : 1 main + 2 dependents (spouse + kid)

Appointment time : 12.30 pm on 30th July

Arrived @ : 11.15 am and was let in by security :D he

sighed for being way early but it didn't matter to me at that time.

Called for security check @ : 11.45 am

Provided ticket number @ : 12.10 pm after glancing my application

form, passports. Have the booking reference number handy at this point. I had mine written on my application form.

1st floor for payment @ : 12.20 pm

We had to wait there for the details to be entered in the system to be called for biometrics. We were called @ 12.45 pm at a counter. The lady asked for application form, photos and passports. She then rejected my hubby's (the main applicant) photos for his glasses, though it was according to UKBA photo guidance without any glare or reflection or the frame hiding his eyes. Fortunately, we had another one without his glasses on :roll:

2nd floor for biometrics @ : 12.50 pm in the waiting area. Called for

biometrics @ 02.15 pm. I would love to mention the lady who took our bio was very polite, kind and patient. My 1 1/2 year old was very fussy coz of fever at that time.

Called by case worker @ : 04.15 pm

This was the funniest part for us. We tried and kept calm though a few numbers ahead of us were called. My ticket number was called at counter 83. We couldn't find that counter in 2nd floor at all. when checked with the security, he said counter 83 doesn't exist in this floor at all and 38 might have been mispelled. We started roaming around in different directions to find out the right counter.

My hubby checked with the receptionist to find the counter number. she was too lazy and reluctant to check in her system even after he requested her :evil: She kept on saying "please take your seat. your may be called again" We had another call to counter 58. This counter was holding another ticket number and lady over there said she didn't call us and she was working on another case. Finally we had the 3rd call at the right counter.

She was a senior case worker who looked a bit strict. She asked for Application form, Passports, Bank statements. We provided her p60, payslips, life in the UK pass certificates, letter from employer and photocopies of the above mentioned as well ie, We handed over the Main Documents file with a label mentioning the contents. She said "oh, great!" for those photocopies. She asked us to take a seat and would call us if she needed anything.

After 30 minutes, she asked for Cohabitation documents. And we handed over my cohab file. I will list my files and contents below. She called us @ 05.05 to tell that we were granted ILR :lol: and that biometrics will arrive shortly. She returned every single document except letter from my employer.

MY ONLY ISSUE WAS 181 DAYS OUT OF THE UK IN TOTAL:

Though we got a letter from his employer that it was on business, we were not asked for it. We had heaps of other documents as well.

SUGGESTION:

1. Try to check with the security if he can let you in when you arrive early.
2. Try to be as organized as possible regarding the documents. I had my files split up and labeled. Provided all photocopies and used sticky notes where appropriate. Even placed book marks in our current visa pages.
3. Try to look good on the day as another photo is taken along with biometrics.

OH! I MISSED IT :(

I was eager about my life in the UK test score. But when my kid fell ill, my mind went blank :shock:

FILES SPLIT UP:

A. MAIN DOCUMENTS:
1. Covering letter for the application by main applicant
2. Application form (of course)
3. Passports
4. HSMP approval letter
5. Life in the UK pass certificates.
6. Relevant photocopies

B. EMPLOYMENT AND FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS:
1. Source of income
a.18 months bank statements
b. 18 months payslips
c. 5 years p60
d. Letter from employer
2. Fund Maintenance
a. 12 months savings bank account statements
3. Relevant photocopies

C. DEPENDENT COHABITATION DOCUMENTS:
1. Covering letter by dependent
2. Council tax bills
3. Tenancy agreement
4. Letter from GP
5. Birth certificate of my UK born son
6. relevant photocopies

D. POINTS ASSESSMENT
1. covering letter for absence from the UK
2. Tier 1 points assessment document
3. Absence spreadsheet
4. Letter from employer supporting my absence
5. Relevant photocopies

ASSURANCE:
I am quite happy :D to stay connected and reply any queries. Will let you know once I get our BRP.

Many thanks,
Buzz bee

mariangel
Newly Registered

Biometric Residence Permit

Post by mariangel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi! I am work permit holder from Sept 2007. My husband and I got an appointment at Croydon middle August. I do not have a Biometric Residence Permit. Will we get a BRP if we are granted ILR? If so, will they send it to us by post? How long does it take to get BRP?

Many thanks
M

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

Post by Buzz bee » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi mariangel,

Yes you will get your brp along with ILR grant. Even we did not have brp before. Your biometrics will be taken before you meet the case worker. And I was told that we'll receive our brp by courier within 7 - 10 working days. I'm waiting for the same.

Many thanks,
Buzz bee

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

I am so glad that you haven't come accross that so called night mare of IT issues and it all went quite smooth for you and for your family.

Good luck for the future.

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

Post by Buzz bee » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Dear smam,

Thank you so much.... I think no IT issues were reported recently from croydon. I couldn't have made it without taking the suggestions of this forum. And I owe more than sharing my experience .

Hats off to this forum...

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi,

These days, do senior memebers of this forum only reply to success stories only and not queries regarding general help and adsive as is intended?

I posted a reply a couple of days ago yet no reply till date!
Not even a single word from senior members!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=109594

Its looking more to me like this forum is loosing focus.

brian78

Post by brian78 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:42 pm

hi

i would like to know if the case worker asked for the 5years P60 statement

thank you

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:05 pm

fomsand1 wrote:Hi,

These days, do senior memebers of this forum only reply to success stories only and not queries regarding general help and adsive as is intended?

I posted a reply a couple of days ago yet no reply till date!
Not even a single word from senior members!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=109594

Its looking more to me like this forum is loosing focus.
Not all members of this forum will have answers to all questions posted, this is irrespective of whether they are moderators, senior or junior members. Those who know the answer to a question or can/want to share their experience will reply. It is up to them how much of their free time they dedicate to answering questions, so you will need to be patient.

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

Post by Buzz bee » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi Brian78,

The case worker did not mention "P60"
when she said "bank statements", we offered the employment and financial documents file which contained it.

Thanks

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Congrates Buzzbee
Question Doctor letter is just a balck and white paper that came in th epost is this what you submitted? did you stamp it?

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

Post by Buzz bee » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Dear desertlord,

Thank you. I got the GP registration letter sent to me 2 years ago without any stamp. Just the black and white paper... in your words. I was not sure if that was enough.
I contacted my GP and requested them to provide me with a letter stating
1.my date of registration
2.registered with them until the current date
3.my address
They charged me 20 pounds for this service.
I submitted both the letters stapled together.
Hope this helps....

hani123
Newly Registered

Post by hani123 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:41 am

Hi Buzz bee,

Can you post your approximate EC date and Entry date in the UK. The reason am asking this question is that there are many applicants who have valid leave to remain to complete 5years, but want to check if they can avail the 90days criteria (difference between EC and entry date) to apply for ILR.

I see that you were on WP, then tier1 and then extended it as well. This meant you had valid leave, so wanted to check when did you apply? Have taken into consideration the EC date or the visa stamp date?

Cheers,

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

EC vs ED

Post by Buzz bee » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:34 am

Hi hani123,

My hubby's entry clearance was on 1st nov 2006 and his entry date was on 1st january 2007..... I think the gap shouldn't be more than 30 days in order to apply the 3 month rule. So it didn't work for us. His internal company tranfer was taking place in the meanwhile.......

Thanks,
Buzz bee