ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which country in uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ialacis

which country in uk

Post by ialacis » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:03 pm

"the Scottish Govenment has expressed its intention to hold an independence referendum in late 2014"

is it likely that Scotland will separate and there will be such thing called Scottish passport? and how is it going to affect those who naturalize now?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:45 am

In the unlikely event (short term at least) that Scotland becomes a separate country with a separate citizenship, certain British citizens will become Scottish citizens.

The majority of such persons (Scottish citizens) would lose British citizenship unless they retained links to a place remaining part of the United Kingdom.
That is that approach taken when territories became independent in the past.

Why should it affect your decision whether or not to become a British citizen?

sparkledust
Newly Registered

Post by sparkledust » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:50 am

I'm a bit concerned about this. I have lived in Scotland for 8 years and only recently moved to Wales for a short contract, I have applied for naturalisation using my Welsh address and local NCS. I wonder if I should change it to a Scottish address. If things do change, my links are to Scotland, I'd rather have a Scottish passport.

aprilclub

Post by aprilclub » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:59 am

Do you seriously believe anyone can answer your question?

I think its best to act on facts as known today - tomorrow is another day.