ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Referee's for Baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaztait
Newly Registered

MN1 Referee's for Baby

Post by shaztait » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:31 am

Hi there,

I have some questions regarding the referee's needed for the MN1 form.

It states the following:
One referee should have known the child personally and have been their doctor, teacher, health visitor, social worker, or minister of religion.

Q: Can my sons childminder act as the referee for this?

The other referee must be a holder of a British citizen passport. He/she must be either a professional person or over the age of 25. See the list of Acceptable professional persons. Each referee must not be related to the child, or to the other referee.

Q: It says must be a professional OR over 25...does that mean if the referee is over 25 they need not be a professional?

Thank you so much

shaztait
Newly Registered

Post by shaztait » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:54 pm

can anyone let me know about the childminder?

Glc

Post by Glc » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 am

One of the referees should have engaged with your child in a professional capacity. I'm not absolutely sure if a childminder can sign as a referee but if you're finding it hard to find a referee for your child then any professional whom you know may act as one. You may refer to the list below of professionals who can act as referees

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Hope this helps.