ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial Date of Application - Proof Required - Tier 1 Extn

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

london2013
Newly Registered

Initial Date of Application - Proof Required - Tier 1 Extn

Post by london2013 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi All,

I recently did a PEO application for Tier 1(General) visa extension.

I matched the exact criteria of 95 points given my date of initial application which was 15th july 2010 was taken into consideration.

BUT my caseworker took the date of entry clearance (15th Oct 2010 in my case) into consideration which makes my required point to 100. Verberally informed about my application refusal. Then when I told that my initial date of application was 15th july 2010 they told me to produce any kind of proof to prove my statement.

Option 1 : Receipt of payment (which I reckon barely anyone would have kept safe)

Option 2 : I had researched over the web earlier and got to know about Subject Access Request application which I took with me on the day of PEO appointment. I produced this proof which UKBA caseworker and it was considered valid. So incase you have not kept the payment receipt then try for SAR as proof of initial date of application. The cost is just £10.

Jai Bharat !

Regards,
AJ
Last edited by london2013 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amkcukhh
Newly Registered

Initial date of application proof

Post by amkcukhh » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi,

I have the exact same situation you had.

Can you give more information on how you secured the proof? Can you send the exact link and the procedure please?

Thanks!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Initial Date of Application - Proof Required - Tier 1 Ex

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:11 pm

london2013 wrote:I recently did a PEO application for Tier 1(General) visa extension.

I matched the exact criteria of 95 points given my date of initial application which was 15th july 2010 was taken into consideration.

BUT my caseworker took the date of entry clearance (15th Oct 2010 in my case) into consideration which makes my required point to 100. Verberally informed about my application refusal. Then when I told that my initial date of application was 15th july 2010 they told me to produce any kind of proof to prove my statement.

Option 1 : Receipt of payment (which I reckon barely anyone would have kept safe)

Option 2 : I just researched over the web and got to know about Subject Access Request application. I produced this proof which UKBA caseworker and it was considered valid. So incase you have not kept the payment receipt then try for SAR as proof of initial date of application. The cost is just £10.
This is indeed strange. Reading your post I take it that you submitted your application in-person at a PEO and were informed of the decision on the day itself. But correct me if I'm wrong.

It usually takes over a month to receive your SAR after a request is submitted. Given this fact, are you saying you later submitted an appeal against the decision once you received your SAR? Either way I don't believe this should have happened, i.e. the basis of the refusal was incorrect & should have been corrected on the same day after a subsequent verification by either the same caseworker or a senior caseworker (on request by the applicant, if they didn't do this themselves).

The UKBA have access to all records on immigrants (which includes everything you get in a SAR & possibly more) and should as standard procedure check their system then and there, if they don't do this I would ask to speak to a Senior CW if there is an issue with your application. Note that as a lot of immigration rules are based on dates, its always best to keep a record of when you make any type of application, especially if you intend to extend your leave or then plan to apply for ILR at a later stage several years after.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Initial date of application proof

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:15 pm

amkcukhh wrote:Hi,

I have the exact same situation you had.

Can you give more information on how you secured the proof? Can you send the exact link and the procedure please?

Thanks!
You can find information on how to make a SAR below.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/

But it is certainly not a requirement. I have applied for extensions for leave to remain under the PBS in the past but never provided proof of when I submitted my original application. Note but, I always keep a record of the date I send any application or documentation to the UKBA for future reference.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:56 pm

cs95tdg wrote:It usually takes over a month to receive your SAR after a request is submitted.
Am intrigued to know how did you get SAR so fast. As cs95tdg said, it takes over a month and even 2 at times. You couldn't have made SAR request and then appealed the decision as you wouldn't have time.

So question is, did you applied for SAR before your PEO appointment?

rainbow123
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow123 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:43 pm

@london2013
Could you clarify whether u already had the SAR response with you when u were at PEO ? When had u applied for SAR and when did u get the details ?

I have applied on 19th July, still awaiting.

thanks

london2013
Newly Registered

Post by london2013 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:00 pm

@cs95tdg & @rainbow123 : I already had the SAR details with me. I was informed about refusal verbally but as i gave SAR details - my case was considered valid and visa were approved.

@rainbow123 : It applied on january last week and received it on
11th march'12
cs95tdg wrote:
london2013 wrote:I recently did a PEO application for Tier 1(General) visa extension.

Option 2 : I just researched over the web and got to know about Subject Access Request application. I produced this proof which UKBA caseworker and it was considered valid. So incase you have not kept the payment receipt then try for SAR as proof of initial date of application. The cost is just £10.
This is indeed strange. Reading your post I take it that you submitted your application in-person at a PEO and were informed of the decision on the day itself. But correct me if I'm wrong.

It usually takes over a month to receive your SAR after a request is submitted. Given this fact, are you saying you later submitted an appeal against the decision once you received your SAR? Either way I don't believe this should have happened, i.e. the basis of the refusal was incorrect & should have been corrected on the same day after a subsequent verification by either the same caseworker or a senior caseworker (on request by the applicant, if they didn't do this themselves).

The UKBA have access to all records on immigrants (which includes everything you get in a SAR & possibly more) and should as standard procedure check their system then and there, if they don't do this I would ask to speak to a Senior CW if there is an issue with your application. Note that as a lot of immigration rules are based on dates, its always best to keep a record of when you make any type of application, especially if you intend to extend your leave or then plan to apply for ILR at a later stage several years after.

rainbow123
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow123 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Thanks for clarifying..

Question for the seniors in the forum.

My first application was made in 1st week of July 2010
But the visa validity is from 15th Sept 2010

So if the case workers consider 15th Sept, my visa will definitely get rejected. But since I applied on 1st week of July 2010, legally it shd get approved.

But why the hell they cannot verify this from their systems ? Everything is digitally recorded, they just need to search based on visa ref number or the passport number. Can't understand this. Do they do it deliberately ?

I have applied for SAR on 19th July and have my PEO appointment on 31st August. If I do not get my SAR details before 31st August, and my visa gets rejected, can I appeal after getting SAR details ?

Has any one got their SAR details within the 40days period ? Or is it most likely to take more than 40 days ?

Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:35 pm

rainbow123 wrote:I have applied for SAR on 19th July and have my PEO appointment on 31st August. If I do not get my SAR details before 31st August, and my visa gets rejected, can I appeal after getting SAR details ?

Has any one got their SAR details within the 40days period ? Or is it most likely to take more than 40 days ?
Based on experiences posted on this forum, it may very well take longer than the published 40 days. Having said that, a SAR is not a required piece of evidence for your extension application, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Applicants generally get a SAR when they have a long immigration history & can't remember the details. The experience posted by the OP, is more an exception rather than the norm, where a single case worker asked for evidence of the original application date. I and many other forum members have applied for extensions without ever being asked to do this & providing this evidence is NOT a requirement in the visa application process. The UKBA have direct access to all details you will get on your SAR and if questioned, you should as a matter of course state the original visa application date and request them to verify this.

In terms of appeal rights, if you make an in-time application you will have the right to appeal the decision within the specified time. I however don't see this particular problem ever going that far.

rainbow123
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow123 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Thanks a lot. Much relieved now.

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:45 pm

they just want to bother us and nothing else. I am gign to apply for extension next week and my date was 25th Feb 2009. I dont have any proof of anything but the letter i submitted. I will show it to them if needed. Stupd home office

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:07 am

What is the new thing SAR have come up now... I dont have that Document and even dont have time to apply and get it before my extension application..

One question I want to ask...which have started bothering me now:::

while filling the addresses where i stayed in my last application i don't remember the exact dates what i filled in it... is that a problem while filing my application form now during extension?/

please respond.. very stressed
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:11 am

rpsarangi wrote:What is the new thing SAR have come up now... I dont have that Document and even dont have time to apply and get it before my extension application..
If you click on the UKBA link provided in the thread above, you can find out what a SAR is and how to make a request for one. This is not a mandatory document for extension applications. Those who have a long immigration history and would like to find out the details (includes details on former visa applications, supporting document provided, decisions made & in some cases entry dates into the UK, etc...) the UKBA hold on them can make a request for one.