ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with change of card payment details

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Banoo
Newly Registered

Help with change of card payment details

Post by Banoo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:11 pm

I have applied for ILR for my mother (As adult dependant), however unfortunately my debit card that I provided on the application for the fee has been compromised and bank has cancelled the card. I have been sending recorded delivery letters to UK border agency and calling the general number to inform them of what has happend, giving them my new card details. I have sent the original bank letter which explains that I have been a victim of crime, etc. However the money has not been collected from my account which means they have not looked into my letter. I have only had one letter from UK Border Agency in liverpool that acknowleged the reciept of our application with a refrence number. On the letter it states if there is any problem with payment our appliction would be cancelled :cry: The point is we can not reapply from UK any more as the law has recently changed and ILR applications for dependant adults can not be done from Uk any more!!

Does any one know a correct email address,fax number or a telephone number (by the way I have tried the general enquiry number tand they have been very unhelpful) that might actually get me any where...

Many Thanks

Bonnie

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:18 pm

try sending them a fax and try 0870 606 7766 number.

ask the person on the 0870 number for a fax number for liverpool office

good luck

mfreidin

Post by mfreidin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Liverpool Settlement Casework
Fax: 01512132910

Sheffield Charging Support Team
Fax 0114 207 2536

Other solution I heard from a lawyer is to send them fresh application and cover letter explaining the situation and stating that all the documents are with the HO already. Didn't try myself, though