ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Financial Requirements FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Touchstone57
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Financial Requirements FLR(M)

Post by Touchstone57 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the financial requirements. My wife is currently on a Tier 4 student visa as of 2011, and we hope to apply for FLR(M). From what I understand we are subject to the new rules since 9th of July, and yet in some other places I have heard we would be subject to to the old rules as she arrived in the UK over a year ago.

Secondly, how inflexible and rigid are the current requirements? As I currently have some concern if we can meet the requirements to their standard.

I believe that within reason we would both be earning close to the required amount, with the addition of over £5,000 in savings. However, the rules require savings to be above £16,000. Is it possible, to still be granted a visa if we demonstrate we are able to survive without the use of public funds and can live comfortably of our salaries and savings. I believe that the combination of the two would take us over the required amount, however the stands are quite strict.

If I wrote a letter explaining our situation and potential earning prospects, as well as our desire and commitment to stay together, do you think this would suffice?

Thanks!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa Financial Requirements FLR(M)

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Touchstone57 wrote: From what I understand we are subject to the new rules since 9th of July, and yet in some other places I have heard we would be subject to to the old rules as she arrived in the UK over a year ago.
The former of these scenarios. Given the recentness of the changes, it's perhaps too soon for the rigidity of the rules to be evidenced with feedback or hearsay experience from successful applicants. However, I don't expect latitude in the literal application of the new rules.

janata
BANNED

Post by janata » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:30 pm

hello ,my husband self employed