ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about EC from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KV

Questions about EC from India

Post by KV » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:24 am

Has anyone got his/her EC done from India (its better if its Mumbai)? Can anyone tell me how much and what type of proof of funds is required?

Someone told me that they dont accept co-operative bank accounts as proof...is that correct? Do they accept Stocks / Jewellery etc as proof of funds?

Do they consider Spouse's income and funds (if spouse is also travelling along) while calculating total funds?

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:45 am

KV,
I got it from Bangalore, Mumbai will be same..
You can show 3000 GBP per person. say around 3-4-5 Laks per person. Better show the max.

Why they dont' accept co-operative bank statement? i'm not aware of functioning of such bank but is it too different from ordinary bank ?

Stocks i doubt about that and Jewellery certainly not.

You can show our PF.

Yes you must show spouse's fund also.

Ajay

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:28 pm

KV,
I believe you also have to show the transferability of funds to UK bank and you would not be able to do so for jewellery & stocks. So all funds have to be liquid.
Mini

KV

Post by KV » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:32 pm

Thanks Ajay. Just a few more related questions....

1) Do they expect to see transaction history or just the bank balance would do? What if i ask someone (say my parents) to deposit sum of 2 lakh Rs. (as a gift) and show that in the statement?

2) Would they count Fixed Deposits towards funds?

3) How do you show PF as funds? i mean i never get any statement from PF office about how much balance i have etc...is there any other way? If we can show PF, we can probably show bonds, PPF, National savings certificate etc... is that correct? did you show any of these or you only showed liquid cash?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:18 pm

It is best for EC Clearance feedback to be posted on the EC sticky at the top of the HSMP forum - this benefits other users and prevents the Q being repeated time and again in future after the topic has been relegated down the list by new posts. I am therefore locking this post with a transfer of its contents to date in the EC sticky. Thank you for your understanding.