ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment too close to visa expiry date?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

garin5
Newly Registered

PEO appointment too close to visa expiry date?

Post by garin5 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,
I've been silent reader of this forum for a while and now hoping that someone might be able to help ease my worry.

I booked PEO appointment on 29th of June for my ILR for the 10th August in Croydon 9 AM but two days ago my appointment was being cancelled without my consent. The email reads:

"If you did not cancel your appointment:

* we may have cancelled your appointment because of severe weather or other unpredictable events;
* we are sorry for any inconvenience; and
* you must book a new appointment."

I did nothing when i saw the email and hoping i can get another book in PEO. Fortunately i did managed to book one in Glasgow on 30th August at 2.30 PM. The thing is visa will expired on 3rd of September.

Right now i'm worried that there might be a case where the application faces problems due to the application being made to close to the expiry date. And also of any possibilities that UKBA website might cancel my appointment again without any prior notice! So frustating.

I'm also thinking of sending my application by post but the thoughts of having uncertainties for 3-4 months waiting for the result is not very appealing to me...

Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance.

mfreidin

Post by mfreidin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:41 pm

As long as you make your application before your current visa expired there is nothing to worry about. You can even apply on the last day your visa valid until.

If they cancel your appointment again (unlikely!) you will still have few days to send your application by post.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:16 am

Hi

You should be fine with that appointment. Just remember one thing what I've read a lot in this forum that many members of this forum who have got their appointments in Glassgow and Cardiff PEO turned away or returned cause if they're self employed these 2 PEO dont take Self employed applications so just keep this thing mind that you're not a self employed person if you're planning to go to Glassgow.

Hopefully this will answer your question.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.