ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

been cautioned and effect on naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ra_one_2011

been cautioned and effect on naturalization

Post by ra_one_2011 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:20 pm

hi there,
i did a stupid thing a month ago and i have been cautioned for it by crown service. i am on Residency/ILR and will apply for Naturalization in 2013. i would like to know from expert of this forum that- will this caution effect my application of naturalization/ do i need to mention it anywhere on my application?
will my caution effect the appliction of my child and wife?
thanks in advance- very stressed since the incident so any advice will be helpfull.

aprilclub

Post by aprilclub » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:43 pm

1. Even if your application runs into a problem, it will not effect your wife and child ( however I am not suggesting you will have a problem)

2. What sort of caution was that and who exactly gave it to you ( and what did you actually do?) Caution is recorded by the police, but it get spent either immediately or wihin 3 months for conditional caution. There is also a provision that they will ignore one minor incidence, bindover etc. So depending on the details (i.e what you were accused of), you might be OK.

I will suggest that if you really dont want to speak about it in a forum in greater details, seek proper legal advice.

I am sure the other senior members will come along with more detailed advice soon.