ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re: sponsorship withdwarn by uni

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumarkumar
Newly Registered

re: sponsorship withdwarn by uni

Post by kumarkumar » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:14 pm

hi,
I need some expert opinoin , please.
I will complete 10 years legal/continuous stay on 15 sep'12.
My uni has told me that I wiil cease to be student from 17 Aug'12 and they are informinh UKBA.
As per my understanding, UKBA does give another sixty days to find a new sponsor or leave the country.
Is this sixty days can be used to complete ten years? or is this sixty days can be utilised to qualify ten year continuous stays?

pl advice

joh892

Post by joh892 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:29 pm

You can apply for your ILR 28 days before reaching your 10th anniversary. So you can apply on 17 August 2012. That will mean although the university will withdraw their sponsorship on this date, going forward, you will still be in the UK legally as you wait for your ILR application to be decided.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:35 pm

To add to above suggestion, you will need to consider what your 'status' will be from termination of your sponsorship till the issue of your ILR. Will you still be bound by T&C of student category? Will you be in breach of 'student' requirements if you do not attend classes while you are covered by 3(C)? There was a discussion here a few months back, and that will be very relevant to you.

Thought worth making you aware of this....

Good luck
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

kumarkumar
Newly Registered

Post by kumarkumar » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi,
Many thanks for reply.
The scenario seems very panic;
1) 17 th Aug'12, I submit my application or ILR on 10 year continuous stay;
2) Uni writes to UKBA on 17 Aug'12 that I am no more student;

3) UKBA informs me that I can stay here maximum 60 days to find other uni or else I have to leave UK( ROUGHLY BY 17 OCT'12).

In between on 15 Sep'2012 I will complete ten years; Is it not true that once you complete ten years, UKBA operates "stop the clock";
4) From 17 Aug'12 to 17 Oct'12 I am not student and My passport with UKBA under consideration for ILR.

5) Normal time taken granted for ILR: 4-5 MONTHS.

6) In case, If I don't find any sponsor in 60 days, UkBA will return passport telling that I am overstayer or not under 3(c).

Please reply..please
Can someone advice

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:09 pm

kumarkumar wrote: The scenario seems very panic;
1) 17 th Aug'12, I submit my application or ILR on 10 year continuous stay;
2) Uni writes to UKBA on 17 Aug'12 that I am no more student;

3) UKBA informs me that I can stay here maximum 60 days to find other uni or else I have to leave UK( ROUGHLY BY 17 OCT'12).

In between on 15 Sep'2012 I will complete ten years; Is it not true that once you complete ten years, UKBA operates "stop the clock";
4) From 17 Aug'12 to 17 Oct'12 I am not student and My passport with UKBA under consideration for ILR.

5) Normal time taken granted for ILR: 4-5 MONTHS.

6) In case, If I don't find any sponsor in 60 days, UkBA will return passport telling that I am overstayer or not under 3(c).

Please reply..please
Can someone advice
If 1 is true, then 2 is not relevant, 3 cannot be enforced, 4 technically False, 5 is True, and 6 is false.

The key is to file a valid in time application and have backup of every document.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: re: sponsorship withdwarn by uni

Post by Loveislovely » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:01 pm

kumarkumar wrote:hi,
I need some expert opinoin , please.
I will complete 10 years legal/continuous stay on 15 sep'12.
My uni has told me that I wiil cease to be student from 17 Aug'12 and they are informinh UKBA.
As per my understanding, UKBA does give another sixty days to find a new sponsor or leave the country.
Is this sixty days can be used to complete ten years? or is this sixty days can be utilised to qualify ten year continuous stays?

pl advice
I was in a similar situation, a few months ago, I applied and receive my ILR, it took me 5 months to receive it though, I am sure you will be ok, be sure to complete your course work, once you have completed your year of study, you shouldn't have any trouble..... good luck.
All for one, one for all..... Peace