ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ayaan
Newly Registered

ILR Dependant

Post by ayaan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi

I have searched the board but was unable to find the answer to my question.

My five years on HSMP+Tier1 Gen. will be completed on 27 April 2013.
My wife is living with me since 2011. Her two years will also be completed on 27th April 2013.
Our son was born in UK last year. After birth my wife and child went to Pakistan for 4 months.
I was unaware of the 90 days for dependants. A friend is telling me that my wife wont get the ILR. She has to apply for dependant visa again.

Is this true?

ayaan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Dependant

Post by ayaan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Can anyone please provide some information? it will be really appreciated.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:32 am

there is no limit on leaves for dependant as far as I am aware of...

khimani.amir
Newly Registered

to ayaan

Post by khimani.amir » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:06 pm

dont worry about ur dependant visa as there is no limit on leaves for dependant visa..she has to be with u for 2 years as ur wife..both will get ilr..

ayaan
Newly Registered

Post by ayaan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Thank you very much gaurav76.5 and khimani.amir .

I can get a sigh of relief now :D .

I thought it was 24 months in UK completely.

Thanks to all of you in immigrationboards.com. This was my second query in this board and thanks again for your quick response. You guys are helping alot.

ayaan
Newly Registered

Post by ayaan » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:22 am

Hi Guys,

I was going through the topics posted on board and found that the ILR for Dependant need continues leave together for 2 years.

Also mentioned on the UKBA web site:
you and they have been living together in the UK for at least 2 years in a marriage or civil partnership, or in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, and that relationship is still genuine (not a 'marriage of convenience', for example);

As i posted at the start of this topic my wife spent 4 months away from UK. She came to UK in March 2011. Her visa will expire on 27 April 2013 (Same as mine).
I am really confused now :) in the above posted some of the friends said it should be fine. Also in the application form SET(O) absence period for dependants is not mentioned.
I am applying for ILR in April. Should i include her with me in SET(O) application? If not which form should i use for my wife visa extension?

Your help will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ayaan
Newly Registered

Post by ayaan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:48 am

Please Can anyone clarify the situation. As some posts say it should not be a problem and some says it is compulsory to have continues two years.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#638113

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:48 pm

ayaan wrote:Please Can anyone clarify the situation. As some posts say it should not be a problem and some says it is compulsory to have continues two years.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#638113
It is continuous for main applicant, not for dependent. You are fine.

ayaan
Newly Registered

Post by ayaan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks Alot varghesejim for your help.

So i can include my wife in the SET(O) application? Despite she spent 4 months away from UK in the past two years.

I know i am repeating but i am sure you understand my situation how tense these visa extensions are.

[/b]