ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

awaiting decision, lost confirmation of receipt of applicati

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sleepygirl79
Newly Registered

awaiting decision, lost confirmation of receipt of applicati

Post by sleepygirl79 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:58 am

Please can you help!
I applied for ilr on the 1 July via the Hackney Council Settlement Service. I have the receipt from them, credit card evidence that the money has left my account,a Royal Mail tracking reference showing receipt at UKBA. I have just returned to my previous place of employment from mat leave 3 days ago. 2 weeks ago, hr said they noticed my visa was expiring on 22nd July. I said I'd send them the ukba letter confirming they received the application, but I can't find it anywhere. They contacted the Emplyment Checking Service who say they can't confirm they have my application.
Employer wants evidence by next week.
Hackney Council is happy to talk to the employer, but they feel they are merely a middle man.
The ukba helpline says chances are the documents haven't been logged onto the system as yet, which os why the employment checking service can't find them, and to just write in for a new letter.
I contacted the employment advice helpline with a theoretical problem and they say they would accept the evidence provided.

I have asked my employer to contact the employment advice helpline. Is there anything else I can do?
They are being unhelpful as they fear fines.

Really, I'm surprised the checking service can't find my details - it may infact be they need the new ref no which I don't have.

I have never lost any document but with a new baby, I must have absent mindedly pit it somewhere (?recycling). Oh dear.
Thanks in advance.
Sb

dkapan10
Newly Registered

Re

Post by dkapan10 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:34 am

Sorry to hear about your case. I was in a similar position the difference is that I have my ack letter. My visa also expired on 22nd July and I was working for a reputable investment bank who refused to extend my contract despite showing the letter. The Employeer helpline and checking service is not useful I found, they couldn't provide me with nothing and my employer was forced to let me go. I hope you will be lucky.

I was offered a different job and despite contacting the UKBA they failed to firmly confirm my right of work while my visa was pending consideration.

I am now out of work waiting for this guys to sort out my visa as its now driving me insane. I have contacted my MP to see if thy could expedite my application but am not sure that helps. It's annoying these people are not prompt. I hope your luck will be better than mine.

sleepygirl79
Newly Registered

Post by sleepygirl79 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi dkapan10,
Sorry to hear about your case.
I don't think they can do that. The website states clearly that while your application is being processed you can cont as per previous visa. You could sue them.
Sb