ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics System Crashes again at Croydon - 3 August

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cazz10

Biometrics System Crashes again at Croydon - 3 August

Post by Cazz10 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:15 am

I had a premium service appointment for my ILTR application yesterday.
After going through security, paying the fee etc. my number was called and I was seen by a woman who was obviously in training as she was under close supervision. She told me that the biometrics system was not working and I would be unable to get my ILTR today as I result. I asked whether someone would be able to tell me whether (biometrics aside) I had met the criteria and met the points requirement. She said I would still be "case worked" today then hastily indicated for me to sit back down.

I was latter called up again, went to the same counter and was asked to hand over all my supporting documentation. I was told I would be "called later". I go and sit back down, waited around half an hour then realise I am only 1 of 3 people left waiting, then the thought dawned on me that perhaps I was supposed to have gone home and that I would not be hearing whether I had met the criteria today. I went back to the counter and asked the same question, and was told that I was free to go home and that I would receive a telephone call next week with the decision. I said that that had not been made clear to me and I had been waiting for 30 minutes for nothing! She quickly offered to get her manager (not wanting to have this conversation with me herself) so I expressed my dis-satisfaction with the way things had been unclearly communicated to me. I was told that the biometric "results" were required before someone would look at my supporting evidence and because the system had crashed they were "giving applicants the opportunity to go home" and be given a call next week, rather than having them waiting for what could be several hours.

I understand that in every job there can always be technical issues (though in this case the biometric system has been causing problems since May - surely 4 months should be enough time to have this fixed?!), but my annoyance is with the fact that no one looked at my case and gave me a decision regarding meeting the points criteria/whether additional documents were needed.. subject to the biometrics results being acceptable. I am also disappointed with the way in which the application process was communicated to me as a result of the systems being down. I was given vague answers in response to my questions and not being given an opportunity to question things further. Over all, a very unpleasant experience.

Did anyone else receive similar treatment? I see Liverpool PEO's system was also down.

flytouknida

Re: Biometrics System Crashes again at Croydon - 3 August

Post by flytouknida » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:28 pm

oh... dear, Sorry to hear. They should provide proper answer to you. Atleast they should return extra premium charge for your case because whatever they provided, it was not a premium service ;).

I am going to apply next month to Croydon.

I was not on Biometric last time when I extended Tier 1 visa. This time I have to take Biometric tests? or still I am eligible to old system?

Thanks
Nida

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:15 am

You will need to do the biometrics. I was told even if you had done it last time, you would need to so again with your new application. That seems strange to me... people's finger prints don't change.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:24 am

Cazz10 wrote:You will need to do the biometrics. I was told even if you had done it last time, you would need to so again with your new application. That seems strange to me... people's finger prints don't change.
exactly-fingerprints don't change and therefore you are required to provide fingerprints with each application to ensure it is the same person applying