ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to entreprenur (as director)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alisha_d
Newly Registered

PSW to entreprenur (as director)

Post by alisha_d » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi all,
I am new in this forum, i read through but still some doubt plz share ur feedback.

I am willing to apply for tier1 Entrepreneur visa, and become director of My Husbands Company (existing) which is been running since last 2 years, done accounts for first year and successfully running small business.

I want to expand that but its not my field (though i can cont to work as sales and marketing director to expand). Having done MBA i want to become director of Marketing and sales. And as its Telecommunications My husband will be doing all required bits in IT field.

1) Am i allowed to join my husband company as director? (which is running since last 2 years).
2) Can my husband work with me though i will be under 50K(psw switch)?
3) Is there anything which restricts me to say that, i am sales and marketing director my husband will handle IT? (does this automatically leads me to apply for 200K entrepreneur thing)

Regards
Alisha

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:25 pm

If the main activity of the business is at graduate level occupation you will be okay.

Guidance on what is a graduate level occupation (also called level 4 and above of the National Qualifications Framework) is available here.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... fpractice/

Your husband can continue to work in the business but you still need to seed 50K and create another two full time jobs.

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Lucapooka wrote: Your husband can continue to work in the business but you still need to seed 50K and create another two full time jobs.

I am aware that 50k need to be shown

But, do person have to create another two full time jobs even for first time entrepreneur visa and husband cannot work with wife business i.e. cannot help on family business. :roll:

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:54 pm

tikejhya wrote:
Lucapooka wrote: Your husband can continue to work in the business but you still need to seed 50K and create another two full time jobs.

But, do person have to create another two full time jobs even for first time entrepreneur visa and husband cannot work with wife business i.e. cannot help on family business. :roll:
Your husband can work in the business, but you need to create another 2 full time posts too.

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:04 pm

PaperPusher wrote:
tikejhya wrote:

Your husband can work in the business, but you need to create another 2 full time posts too.

Wow, i was unaware that to switch from PSW to entrepreneur you need to create 2 full time jobs.
I knew it is when you are extending entrepreneur. Nice to know.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:05 pm

You seem uncertain of the basics so I would also add, in case you are not aware, that throughout the entire period you can't take another job. You will be limited to working for the entity that you join as a director.

32. Permission to stay under this route will be subject to the following conditions:
[...]
c) no employment other than working for the business or businesses that you have established, joined or taken over.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:12 pm

tikejhya wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:
tikejhya wrote:

No, not to switch.

Wow, i was unaware that to switch from PSW to entrepreneur you need to create 2 full time jobs.
I knew it is when you are extending entrepreneur. Nice to know.

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You seem uncertain of the basics so I would also add, in case you are not aware, that throughout the entire period you can't take another job. You will be limited to working for the entity that you join as a director.

32. Permission to stay under this route will be subject to the following conditions:
[...]
c) no employment other than working for the business or businesses that you have established, joined or taken over.
i know regarding no work. but

sorry, I might be going nuts, but you don't have to provide full time jobs for two
Section d: Leave as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant and access to £50,000

Yes, if you are extending your visa as tier1 entrepreneur..

clearly mentioned on
Attributes table for extension applications on guidance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:27 pm

The job creation has to be done before the extension; it is, obviously, not required for the initial application.