ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ready for collection after 4 weeks

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dza926

Ready for collection after 4 weeks

Post by dza926 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:11 pm

My wife's visa is ready for collection (she'll have to get it Monday). She forgot to check it yesterday (argh!!) so now we have this agonising wait.

Is being ready after 4 weeks a good sign or bad? I ask because my employer hasn't been contacted or anything, so I don't know what to think. Perhaps they were happy with the folder of evidence that we provided and didn't need to contact my employer. If they were unhappy with any of that, would they have tried to contact me/my employer and query anything?

I have never wanted a weekend to go by so fast!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:14 pm

A message that a visa is ready for collection is not, itself, an indicator or a positive outcome. Unlike an email from an fco.gov.uk domain saying your visa has been issued, which is a positive outcome. One must assume the information you have received is from the VAC rather than the actual visa post. Where did your wife apply?

dza926

Post by dza926 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Nairobi. I know the tracking thing can only say it's ready for collection or not. I suppose I am just curious that it's been fairly prompt (4 weeks) and there has been no contact with my employer.

I'm just passing the time by asking these questions, I know it doesn't make much difference and that we'll have to wait til Monday. I feel awful, but somewhat relieved ha!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Case workers don't always contact the sponsor's employer to check employment. I wish you well with the outcome.

dza926

Post by dza926 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:39 pm

We got the visa! Very happy!! :D

A big thankyou to the helpful people on this forum, it's a real gem. No doubt I will have more questions when it comes to indefinite leave...

Thanks again everyone!

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:41 pm

4 Weeks, excellent turn around - congrats!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:54 am

Congratulations dza926, really pleased for you both. :)