ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Applying for main applicant and dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie_t

ILR- Applying for main applicant and dependants

Post by newbie_t » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 am

Hi all,

I am currently on Tier 1 Visa valid until April 2014 and I can apply for ILR in October this year after 5 years of continuous residence. My wife and 2 year old kid are Tier 1 dependants.

However my wife and kid are currently away from UK and they will be returning back in March-April next year.

So if I apply for ILR in October, what will be my dependants' immigration status? I assume that their Tier 1 dependant status will become void?

If that's the case can they apply for FLR from outside UK? Or should I wait for them to come back and apply for ILR together then?

Please could someone/seniors advise on this?

Many thanks,
Jay

UKMASTER
Newly Registered

Post by UKMASTER » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 am

Hi
You can change your status to ILR. but abt your wife and child they have to apply entry clearance to UK again as you dependants. Because your wife and child are not in UK when you change your your status they cant apply from UK again.
I think if you have a chance to apply ILR asap , go for it , dont wait until mar/aprl next year . you never know rules might change.