ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR by post -- waiting times ????

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leo_sangha

ILR by post -- waiting times ????

Post by leo_sangha » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi All

Too stressed but typing so that it'll help

my details:

1. Current visa: Tier1
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 17-08-2012
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (O)
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 2
5. Date application posted: 27-07-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 30-07-2012
7. Date payment debited: WAITING
8. Payment mode : CREDIT CARD
9. Acknowledgement letter received:WAITING
10. Biometric letter received: WAITING
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: WAITING
12. Date of approval: WAITING
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING
14. Date BRP ILR Received:WAITING

My Wife(dependent) is a doctor and she has just commenced her employment. Now the NHS trust has just asked for an update on the visa status. I'm a bit worried now, can we contact UKBA to give an update or ask for expediting the case.

Please advise.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:48 pm

It could take 3-6 months for the application to be processed. Hence, it might be best to explain the situation to your wife's employer. As she is entitled to work legally when the application is with HO. Should submit a copy of the document received from UKBA.

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:26 pm

uksettlement wrote:It could take 3-6 months for the application to be processed. Hence, it might be best to explain the situation to your wife's employer. As she is entitled to work legally when the application is with HO. Should submit a copy of the document received from UKBA.

Is there any way we can ask UKBA to process application faster, 3-6 months looks like a long long wait. Its 2nd week running and still no acknowledgement seems like they haven't taken payment as well.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR by post -- waiting times ????

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:30 pm

leo_sangha wrote:Hi All

My Wife(dependent) is a doctor and she has just commenced her employment. Now the NHS trust has just asked for an update on the visa status. I'm a bit worried now, can we contact UKBA to give an update or ask for expediting the case.

Please advise.
'Educate' the employer about this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:27 pm

The UKBA won't respond to requests for a speedier decision. They have a considerable backlog at present and unfortunately staff Summer holidays are likely to slow things down even more.

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Casa wrote:The UKBA won't respond to requests for a speedier decision. They have a considerable backlog at present and unfortunately staff Summer holidays are likely to slow things down even more.
Thank You Casa for your message,

I think i panicked when my application was returned from solihull as the CW said she is not trained to handle my application. And i applied by post next day itself. Probably I should've tried to book at PEO in croydon, anyways it looks like its going to be a very agonising long wait now. Will keep you posted.

leo_sangha

Re: ILR by post -- waiting times ????

Post by leo_sangha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:44 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
leo_sangha wrote:Hi All

Please advise.
'Educate' the employer about this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/
yes Thank you, i've actually sent an email today citing the same link to the employer. Many thanks for posting.

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:23 am

Casa wrote:The UKBA won't respond to requests for a speedier decision. They have a considerable backlog at present and unfortunately staff Summer holidays are likely to slow things down even more.
It seems like the ball is rolling now. They've taken the application fee from my credit card. Still no acknowledgement letter. Can't tell you guys how stressful these days are.