ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 general and pvt limited company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunshine_girl9
Newly Registered
Turkey

Tier 1 general and pvt limited company

Post by sunshine_girl9 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Hello all

I entered UK on student visa, did my masters in accounting and finance from a very well reputed university and now I am on post study work visa. during the first year of my visa i worked for banks but teh pay was not upto teh mark of the point system, now i am working on a contract job making a good amount of money, and i have a private limited company.i have few queries as i want to extend my stay in UK

1) can i extend my stay with a contract job earnings? Please consider that I have a private ltd company which is few months old only.
2) my visa is expiring in feb 2013 and i want to extend my stay ASAP, is it a good idea? teh contract job is valid till March 2013 but i have a feeling that it might end before that around dec 2012 or so.

3) how to go about applying for extension and how many years teh extension would be for/

looking forward for your kind replies

thanks

tier1_aspirant123

Re: Tier 1 general

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:04 pm

What i have understood from your post is that you have Tier 1 (PSW) and not Tier 1 (General) if that is the case then you cannot extend your current visa or convert it to Tier 1 (General) as this route is closed for new applicants. You may have to think of getting Tier 2(general) if you have to extend your stay in UK. But if you already have Tier 1(general) then you can extend it.

my answers are based on assumption that you have a tier 1 (General) visa
sunshine_girl9 wrote:Hello all

I entered UK on student visa, did my masters in accounting and finance from a very well reputed university and now I am on post study work visa. during the first year of my visa i worked for banks but teh pay was not upto teh mark of the point system, now i am working on a contract job making a good amount of money, i have few queries as i want to extend my stay in UK

1) can i extend my stay with a contract job earnings?
yes you can
2) my visa is expiring in feb 2013 and i want to extend my stay ASAP, is it a good idea? teh contract job is valid till March 2013 but i have a feeling that it might end before that around dec 2012 or so.
yes it can be done only impact could be on ILR as you could fall short of 5 years period

3) how to go about applying for extension and how many years teh extension would be for/
read Tier 1 (General) policy guidance for more information on application and if your current Tier 1 (General) is of 2 years then your extension will be of 3 years if it is of 3 years then extension will be of 2 years

looking forward for your kind replies

thanks
Last edited by tier1_aspirant123 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tier1 Aspirant

sunshine_girl9
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by sunshine_girl9 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi

currently I hold tied 1 HS post study work visa.
I want to extend my stay in UK, what is the best way to do it.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:28 am

you would need to apply for Tier (2 ) General...as tier 1 has been closed...