ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR / FLR(O) both Approved on 6th August - Not FLR(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orbis2

ILR / FLR(O) both Approved on 6th August - Not FLR(M)

Post by orbis2 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi,

I booked 2 appointments booked for Solihull for 6th August. ILR for myself at 9:00 AM & FLR(M) for my wife at 1:30 PM as she is in UK since last 19 months.

I got my ILR at 9:15 & few things which I want to share
1. Casework asked to give Set(o) form & passport
3. Casework asked to payslips & bank statement & matched them together.
3. Caseworker checked list of absence as I have 176 days outside of UK. I provided a separate sheet which she looked & was very happy as she didn't have to calculate all my In/out from my passport.
4. Then she checked few things on system & told me that your ILR is approved.
5. Then I paid for ILR.
6. Then Biometric done & whole process completed less than 45 min.
-------------------------------------------------------------
For My wife I talk with the staff & they moved her slot to 9:30 from 1:30 & we meet the same casework again.

I gave her FLR(M) but she told me that due to recent changes she was not sure that if this is the correct form. She discussed with her other member of staff but was not sure.

Then she printed a FLR(O) form & asked her to complete on window. We gave her both forms & she approved FLR(O) form.

In FLR(O) form - we out category as OTHER & gave reason that my wife is on PBS visa since last 19 months & short of 5 months.

So my wife visa is extended for 5 months so that she will complete 2 years in UK & can apply for ILR.

Solihull staff was very very cooperative, friendly & they try to help the people who come there. But keep in mind its very small office & only limited numbers of staff is there.

Let me know if anyone wants any clarifications.

Thanks,

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Many Congrats on your succss. good to know of your experience...

I have a related question. I will apply for my ILR next week. My wife who is currently on PBS Dependant also need to apply to extend her stay as Spouse.

* I have booked two sepearte appointments 1) my self ILR on the 16th. 2) My wife FLR( ) 1 week later....

The reason I have done that is because I thought that my wife wil need MY BRP card to include in her application?!!

BUT from what you are saying in your post... am I right to understand that the ILR letter you have got will do? How will the CW establish that you have got ILR (on the same day) when your wife applied??

My Question:

If it is just the letter required:

Can my wife come along with me to my Appointment (cause I cant book another appointment on the same day now - too late) and we can both apply at the same slot?

Any answers will be appreciated.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Re: ILR / FLR(O) both Approved on 6th August - Not FLR(M)

Post by rubina20102010 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:15 pm

orbis2 wrote:Hi,

I booked 2 appointments booked for Solihull for 6th August. ILR for myself at 9:00 AM & FLR(M) for my wife at 1:30 PM as she is in UK since last 19 months.

3. Caseworker checked list of absence as I have 176 days outside of UK. I provided a separate sheet which she looked & was very happy as she didn't have to calculate all my In/out from my passport.
5. Then I paid for ILR.
For My wife I talk with the staff & they moved her slot to 9:30 from 1:30 & we meet the same casework again.

I gave her FLR(M) but she told me that due to recent changes she was not sure that if this is the correct form. She discussed with her other member of staff but was not sure.

Then she printed a FLR(O) form & asked her to complete on window. We gave her both forms & she approved FLR(O) form.

In FLR(O) form - we out category as OTHER & gave reason that my wife is on PBS visa since last 19 months & short of 5 months.

So my wife visa is extended for 5 months so that she will complete 2 years in UK & can apply for ILR.

Solihull staff was very very cooperative, friendly & they try to help the people who come there. But keep in mind its very small office & only limited numbers of staff is there.

Thanks,
Congr8 ----Can you please list down the documents ?

sef
Newly Registered

Re: ILR / FLR(O) both Approved on 6th August - Not FLR(M)

Post by sef » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:35 am

Did you show any maintenance funds for your wife's FLR (M) or FLR (O) application for 3 months?? or is there any requirement to show any funds

orbis2 wrote:Hi,

5. Then I paid for ILR.

Thanks,

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Rubina20102010 - Caseworker asked us to provide the following documents.

For ILR
--------
1. Bank statement for 12 months
2. Salary slips for 12 months
3. Employer letter to confirm salary
4. Life in the UK Certificate

For FLR(O)
----------
1. Marriage certificate

Caseworker didn't ask for anyother document for my wife.

[/quote]

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Sef: I have some savings in my accounts so I am not sure how much we need to maintain & caseworker didn't check maintaince funds in my account.

Please check on HM website for more information.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:14 pm

orbis2 wrote:Rubina20102010 - Caseworker asked us to provide the following documents.

For ILR
--------
1. Bank statement for 12 months
2. Salary slips for 12 months
3. Employer letter to confirm salary
4. Life in the UK Certificate

For FLR(O)
----------
1. Marriage certificate

Caseworker didn't ask for anyother document for my wife.

[/quote]

Thanks for that - But why they asked you to fill FLR(O) form ? Your wife should filll FLR(M) to complete the remaining period. do you know the reason for that ?

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Caseworker told us that as per new rules we should fill Flr(o) not Flr(m) to complete the remaining 5 months.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:00 am

orbis2 wrote:Caseworker told us that as per new rules we should fill Flr(o) not Flr(m) to complete the remaining 5 months.
You were on Tier 1 or work permit ? If Tier 1 then 65 points or 75 points ?

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:08 am

2 years on HSMP then 3 years on T1 so 75 points

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:10 am

For Flr(o) - Caseworker told us that there is no financial requirement as my wife was on T1 Dependent Visa applied before 9th July 2012.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:41 pm

orbis2 wrote:2 years on HSMP then 3 years on T1 so 75 points
Okay - FLR(O) is the new form version of FLR(M).

Your wife does require only 5 months on FLR(O), after that she can apply for ILR.

Last but not least, does caseworker asked you cohabitation documents for FLR(O)? If yes , what you give them?

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:45 pm

09 July 2012

New versions of the FLR(M) and FLR(O) application forms have been published today. If you are applying as a partner for leave to remain (permission to stay) on or after 9 July 2012, you must use the new version of the FLR(M) form dated 07/2012. Any applications we receive after 9 July 2012, which are not on the new form will not be accepted. The postmarked date will be considered to be the date of application for postal applications.

If you are applying as a parent of a child in the UK for leave to remain (permission to stay) on or after 9 July 2012, you must use the new version of the FLR(O) form dated 07/2012. Applications received after 9 July 2012, which are not on the new form will not be accepted. The postmarked date will be considered to be the date of application for postal applications.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -flrm-flro

As per above , your wife should fill FLR(M) form.

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Caseworker didn't ask us for any cohabation documents, only marriage certificate.

On FLR(O) - Page 9 - we selected "Other purposes/reasons not covered by other application forms".

Then we explained in the box below that 'I am on on T1 pbs dependent since last 19 months & to complete 2 years for ILR I am applying visa extension'.

[/quote]

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi Congrats.

What was the fees for the 5 months visa ? is it same even for more months or varies ?

Amy_le
Newly Registered

ILR and FLR fee?

Post by Amy_le » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi, we are applying for the same visas but I don't seem to find any information on the fee involved. Please let me know how much it cost for ILR & FLR (postal and 'in person). We also live in Birmingham. Many thanks !

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:28 pm

For FLR(O) - Fee was 867
For FLR(M) - Fee was 1377

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:29 pm

sorry i typed wrong above

for FLR(O) - fee was 867
for SET(O) - fee was 1377