ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa issued - entry time limit?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AcrossBorders

Visa issued - entry time limit?

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi,

So my wife had her spouse visa issued in July (pakistan), I read somewhere entry should be made within 3 months after the issue date:

1) Is this still the same or changed in the new rules?

2) I can't find it, where is this rule located if it exists?

The only thing I have found so far on the UKBA website states:
ECB17.4 Dealing with unused visas

If the holder has not entered the UK by the visa's expiry date, the holder should re-apply. If there are compelling compassionate reasons why the visa was not used, the visa may be extended by up to 3 months provided there has been no change in circumstances. (In such cases no fee should be charged).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 7/#header4
Also she was not informed by Gerrys she should enter by X date..

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:10 pm

The visa is valid for 27 months and she has 27 months in which to enter the UK with that entry clearance. Obviously if she leaves it later than 3 months she will not have sufficient leave remaining to complete the 24 month residence period that is necessary for ILR. In such cases, she would need to apply and pay for an extension to bridge that gap.

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Makes sense Lucapooka thanks