ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

meaning of UK public authority

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theuniverse

meaning of UK public authority

Post by theuniverse » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi everyone,
We want to get a new EU passport for our son, but the local embassy wants either both parents to be present or if only one can come, a written authorization from the other parent certified by a UK public authority. Can anyone clarify what is meant by "public authority" and where could I certify the authorization paper for free( except the embassy itself)? Thanks.

CoolGirl1984
Poland

Re: meaning of UK public authority

Post by CoolGirl1984 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:21 pm

theuniverse wrote:Hi everyone,
We want to get a new EU passport for our son, but the local embassy wants either both parents to be present or if only one can come, a written authorization from the other parent certified by a UK public authority. Can anyone clarify what is meant by "public authority" and where could I certify the authorization paper for free( except the embassy itself)? Thanks.
As far as I know, police or any council office...