ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal 12 years ago

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t070576

Refusal 12 years ago

Post by t070576 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Applied for a tourist visa for US in 2000, which was refused by the London embassy for a Bngladesh national.

but since then the applicant became British and now wishes to apply again for a tourist visa after nearly 12 years.

Can the applicant be considered under visa waiver program?
or should the refusal 12 years ago not disclosed?

Please advise
Thanks

Myb

Post by Myb » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 am

I was wondering what would be the answer for that quesion, i hope someone with good knowledge could help
Thank you

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:04 pm

The refusal should be disclosed, obviously. Not doing so might well constitute misrepresentation, a consequence of which can be a lifetime ban.

oflondon

Post by oflondon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:09 am

Please you have to disclose it. I have seen people who have applied for a US visa with their countries' passport here in UK and got refused. When they became british citizens and applied for VWP disclosing their past refusals, their VWP applications were approved.
Please go ahead and apply disclosing your past refusal ( you haven't re-applied since your past refusal of 12 years ). You really stand the chance of your VWP application been approved.