ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my wife come for her FLR(M) same time as my ILR -- PO ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BACK_TO_GB

Can my wife come for her FLR(M) same time as my ILR -- PO ?

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Apologies - am repeating this post here to open my question to a wider audience....

I will apply for my ILR next week. My wife who is currently on PBS Dependant also need to apply to extend her stay as Spouse.

* I have booked two sepearte appointments 1) my self ILR on the 16th. 2) My wife FLR(M) 1 week later....

The reason I have done that is because I thought that my wife wil need MY BRP card to include in her application?!!

BUT from what I have read in a post... am I right to understand that the ILR letter I will get (Christ willing) will be suffecient? How will the CW establish that I have got ILR (on the same day) when your wife applied??

My Question:

If it is just the letter required:

Can my wife come along with me to my Appointment (cause I cant book another appointment on the same day now - too late) and we can both apply at the same slot?

Any answers will be appreciated.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Can my wife come for her FLR(M) same time as my ILR -- P

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:29 pm

BACK_TO_GB wrote:Apologies - am repeating this post here to open my question to a wider audience....

I will apply for my ILR next week. My wife who is currently on PBS Dependant also need to apply to extend her stay as Spouse.

* I have booked two sepearte appointments 1) my self ILR on the 16th. 2) My wife FLR(M) 1 week later....

The reason I have done that is because I thought that my wife wil need MY BRP card to include in her application?!!

BUT from what I have read in a post... am I right to understand that the ILR letter I will get (Christ willing) will be suffecient? How will the CW establish that I have got ILR (on the same day) when your wife applied??

My Question:

If it is just the letter required:

Can my wife come along with me to my Appointment (cause I cant book another appointment on the same day now - too late) and we can both apply at the same slot?

Any answers will be appreciated.

ya letter will be fine. there are so many members whos ILR have worked out like this. so you don't need to worry.

sef
Newly Registered

Post by sef » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for ILR on Sept 2 and for my wife FLR M end of September as she in in UK less than 2 years.

Do i need to show to any maintenance funds for my wife for continuous three months??. I was under impression that i don't need to shown any funds.

if you know anything more in detail, Please let me know.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:21 am

sef wrote:Hi,

I will be applying for ILR on Sept 2 and for my wife FLR M end of September as she in in UK less than 2 years.

Do i need to show to any maintenance funds for my wife for continuous three months??. I was under impression that i don't need to shown any funds.

if you know anything more in detail, Please let me know.
they do need to see your bank statements so its the matter for 3 months only if you keep good money atleast £1000 will be good.

BACK_TO_GB

Can my wife come along with me to my Appointment?

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 am

I would appreciate an answer to this:

Can my wife come along with me to my Appointment, which is booked for me only, and we can both apply at the same slot?

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:40 am

also Sef, please start your query on a new thread. dont piggyback onto other people threads please!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Can my wife come along with me to my Appointment?

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 am

BACK_TO_GB wrote:I would appreciate an answer to this:

Can my wife come along with me to my Appointment, which is booked for me only, and we can both apply at the same slot?
It is going to be matter of strategy - being prepared for any number of possibilities:

Given your circumstances, it would be worth trying. I would carry a second set of forms/documents for this purpose for wife just in case things work out positively.

But be aware, there have been a few posts within the last few days where the spouse was asked to submit a FLR(o) instead of FLR(m). Doesn't hurt in having both sets handy.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:35 am

Many thanks wpilr_nov12

technically though, would my wife be allowed for an appointment?

I mean, when I arrive at the building and they check our bags, etc & appointment letter... is there a check onto how many people should be admitted?

also again at the CW window? is there any thing that specifies how many appointments?

Never been to Croydon before and dont know how it works!!

please advise

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:51 am

BACK_TO_GB wrote:Many thanks wpilr_nov12

technically though, would my wife be allowed for an appointment?

I mean, when I arrive at the building and they check our bags, etc & appointment letter... is there a check onto how many people should be admitted?

also again at the CW window? is there any thing that specifies how many appointments?

Never been to Croydon before and dont know how it works!!

please advise
Sorry BACK_T0_GB, I haven't been that far yet, so couldn't comment. However my response was to keep you thinking/planning/preparing of a variety of possibilities/options.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:22 am

THanks no worries... I will be prepared for all possibilities...

Any other replies from those who understand the admission and token process in Croydon is mostly welcome...

thanks,

utest
Newly Registered

Post by utest » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:58 am

Hi BACK_TO_GB,

Hope your ILR is approved

My qucik question is whether your wife was allowed with you for applying FLR(M)
As I am due to apply this month end?

Your reply would be appreciated.