ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending ILR postal application and Benefits

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dkapan10
Newly Registered

Pending ILR postal application and Benefits

Post by dkapan10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:15 pm

I am awaiting my ILR application decision (5 weeks) can I claim benefits asi am not in employment at the moment? Will this affect my application?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Well if I was you I wouldnt go near benefits. Also dont you have to be unemployed for a long time before you can actually claim benefits?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Pending ILR postal application and Benefits

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:17 pm

dkapan10 wrote:I am awaiting my ILR application decision (5 weeks) can I claim benefits asi am not in employment at the moment? Will this affect my application?
You are not eligible to claim public funds as your current immigration status would be that you had before you applied for ILR (you have not mentioned this in your post), until such a date your ILR is approved.