ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i apply first Adult British Passport from UAE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mubbu2k
Newly Registered

Can i apply first Adult British Passport from UAE

Post by mubbu2k » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi ,

I need one quick advise from the forum members.

I am a British Citizen and i will be traveling on a international assignment to Dubai for 2 years next month.

We have recently ( 1 month back) applied
for my wife Naturalisation and waiting for the approval ( hopefully we will receive in couple of months time)

if it is possible i would like to do the following.

1. Start my international assignment and take my family along with me to Dubai.
2. Once approval is received , my wife will come to UK for Ceremony and take the certificate and fly back to Dubai.
3. Apply for British Passport from Dubai if possible.

My questions are

1. Can my wife apply for her first adult British passport form UAE ?
2. If Yes , what will be the interview process ? Will it be in UK ? or in UAE ?

Any advise on my situation is much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:40 am

1. Yes. Just follow the British consulate in UAE website for the process.
2. The interview is conducted in the country the application is made (how are you suppose to get to the UK without a passport?....).

mubbu2k
Newly Registered

Post by mubbu2k » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:06 am

Many thanks Jambu for your advice. I will follow your advice. i have seen many people applied for the British Passports from Aboard for New born Baby's however i have not seen any case where some one applied after Naturalisation ( First Adult Passport).

I have referred to the following Link on FCO web site How to Apply http://ukingermany.fco.gov.uk/en/help-f ... b-emirates
and i see how to apply however not much details for Naturalisation case.

I know Technically ILR will get invalidated as soon as you take Oath however i believe you can still use your ILR passport to Enter into the UK if needed :). For Indian Passports there is a 90 days grace period where you can use Indian passport to travel ( From Indian Embassy ).

i have one question on Countersignature . can i use a person living in UK to sign my wife application form when i apply the passport from Aboard ? otherwise it will be difficult to find the person in new country.

Once again many thanks for your response.