ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Invitation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dreamfriend

Biometric Invitation

Post by dreamfriend » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:34 am

My student visa was refused in September 2011 and I won the apple 10th of November 2011 discretionary basis. My course was finished on 7th of March 2012. Immigration Judge allowed leave to remain until 17th of March 2012. I have applied for Tier 1 Post Study Work on 12 of March 2012 without BRP card ( UKBA did not issue the card until that date). I received the tier 4 BRP card two weeks ago and resent to UKBA(valid from 28/06/2012 to 22/07/2012). Until now I have not received biometric invitation (but received Acknowledgement letter 24/03/2012 ). Its about 5 months. Is there any possibility my PSW application will be invalid or refused? Thank you

sujju17
Newly Registered

Post by sujju17 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 am

hello dreamfriend

normally we get biometrics letter after 20 working days of receiving
ack letter.but these days ppl getting their bio letter late because of huge amount of applications.anyway in your case it's been long time. you just call to ukba and conform your status .don't think negatively.

all the best

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:31 am

I spoke with UKBA about 6/7 times, first few calls they said to wait, after few weeks they requested biometric invitation letter for me(two times but never issued). Now they are saying you need to wait. but in the mean time I contracted my local MP and got some positive reply. They contracted with UKBA and local immigration officer and saying my Application with senior case worker(its about two weeks).

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:06 pm

If you didn't submitted BRP with your PSW application. You are required to explain why!! as their is a section in the application that requires you to do so.

As long as you have given them the valid reason for not enclosing a BRP (which in your case would be not having being issued with one at the time of application) you should be fine.

And when you sent the BRP back you should have enclosed the covering letter highlighting your reference no and full details why you are sending it back otherwise you risk your application as being refused.

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Yes I done what you saying. And I will call again Local Immigration Officer tomorrow. Thanks you

toprealman
Newly Registered

Post by toprealman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:50 pm

dreamfriend wrote:Yes I done what you saying. And I will call again Local Immigration Officer tomorrow. Thanks you
Take some chill pill mate...it's all going to be fine.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Apple ?

Post by makky86 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:47 pm

You won apple ? How did it taste . just a joke..

you'll be alright....uk home officers are not that bad bro

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:27 am

Do they (UKBA) refuse application before biometric ? So far I know if the application with UKBA over three month they can't make it as Invalid application by any reason.