ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Reefzxvy
Newly Registered

Naturalisation timeline

Post by Reefzxvy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Application timeline
Eligibility criteria: 6yr + 3yr ILR
Method of application: NCS HOUNSLOW
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30 April 2012
Date of debit of fees: 01 May 2012
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 05May 2012
Date of receipt of approval: 09 August 2012 dated 3rd August
Date of Ceremony: 13 August 2012 private

Interim update
31 July 2012 - wrote a letter and email to the naturalisation team ad further naturalisation email address and the Liverpool address. Requesting them to expedite the process as I have a job offer abroad and having Brit citizenship by september will be an extra plus point. Thank almighty God.

aprilclub

Re: Naturalisation timeline

Post by aprilclub » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Reefzxvy wrote:

Interim update
31 July 2012 - wrote a letter and email to the naturalisation team ad further naturalisation email address and the Liverpool address. Requesting them to expedite the process as I have a job offer abroad and having Brit citizenship by september will be an extra plus point. Thank almighty God.
Congratulations

I have one observation though. Isn't writing such a letter a dangerous course of action? It clearly shows the intent to move away from UK after the citizenship; and can be negative on the 'intent to stay' test.

I suspect your decision was made before the letter reached them. I cant see how this letter could be helpful. Could the senior members (Jambo etc) please comment.

austin.pawers
Newly Registered

Post by austin.pawers » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:06 pm

totally agree to aprilclub. I am also suspecting that your letter did not put any positive impact on this decision. If the concerned officer have received your letter before this decision then they might have changed their decision.

Just my $.02

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Do post in the sticky topic.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.