ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for spouse - co-habitation proof - Rental agreement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmphsmp

ILR for spouse - co-habitation proof - Rental agreement

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi

I am plan to apply for ILR on Dec 2012 for me, my wife and kid all together. At the moment I have rented a flat. Myself and my wife, kid are living there for past 4 years. But the rental agreement is only on my name. Will this be a problem while applying ILR? Should I have to include my wife's name in the agreement.

I do have utility bills, bank statements and council bill with my wife name included in them for past 2 years.

Should I not submit rental agreement documents (as I think it is not mandatory) and submit just other co-habitation proofs so that to avoid this situation.

Thank you very much

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Can anyone please confirm if it is mandatory to provide rental agreement for ILR
Thanks

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:20 am

No. Utility bills by themselves are sufficient!

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 am

Thank you very much for confirming.