ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa - Application made in South Africa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JustinKing
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa - Application made in South Africa

Post by JustinKing » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:58 pm

I am a British Citizen, My wife and two step children are still residing in South Africa and are currently awaiting their settlement visa into the UK. We applied on the 7th of June and are still awaiting any sort of notification. This has been a very stressful time for us, I have managed to get my Daughter into a very good school in the area which begins on the 4th of September. The processing times state that it will be 12 weeks, this would take me to the 30th of August. Has anyone had a shorter processing time? Is there a back log of applicants, is the reason due to the olympics and the huge traffic they expected coming through Heathrow. I really dont know where to turn anymore, I have written to my MP for them to find out any information? This is very stressful and the unknown even worse. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated. Im at my wits end and can no longer be apart from my family.

Thank you for your time in reading my problems, I just dont know where to turn.

Justin

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Within 12 weeks is the stated performance target. It's often very much sooner but can be longer. Your MP will not act in an effective way until the 12 week threshold has been passed.