ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child tax credit and savings

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mehroozeb
Newly Registered

Child tax credit and savings

Post by mehroozeb » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:37 am

Hello everyone,

I am a british citizen and my husband is on ILR. I have 3 kids all of them are british. I have a question about CTC. i am not working at the moment my husband is self employed and earns around £950 per month before tax. he also has £4000 in saving account. my question is how will the money in saving account affect my child tax credit claim. your help will be appreciated.

Thankyou.

chunkybeefsoup

Re: Child tax credit and savings

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:14 pm

mehroozeb wrote:Hello everyone,

I am a british citizen and my husband is on ILR. I have 3 kids all of them are british. I have a question about CTC. i am not working at the moment my husband is self employed and earns around £950 per month before tax. he also has £4000 in saving account. my question is how will the money in saving account affect my child tax credit claim. your help will be appreciated.

Thankyou.
In the literature it says something the first £300 interest earned on savings can be ignored (correct me if I am wrong). They are only interested in interest earned on savings.