ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Request passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ojconcentrate
Newly Registered

EEA2 Request passport

Post by ojconcentrate » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:59 am

Hello All,

first of all, this board is great and i've found lots of useful information.

I'm in the following situation:

I'm Austrian and have Permanent residency card since last year. My wife is brazilian. (we also have a baby daughter who holds a british passport).

My wife used to hold a residency card which expired on November 2011. We went to america in January and all three of us reentred the UK at the end of January.

Since her 7 year residency card was expired, she was given a 6 motnhs stay to sort things out. In April 2012 we sent in an EEA4 aplication but that we returned becuase we didn't send enough information to show she's been here for the last 5 years. (was well within the 6 months stamp that is on her passport)

In the begining of June 2012 we sent an EEA2 application (since the documentation for that is more straight forward). Just today we received it all back with a puzzling letter saying that her application for Permanent residency has stopped becuase there was not enough information (the same letter we received when the April 2012 application came back to us) but except this time, the application was an EEA2 application.

Here's the think, my wife has to travel at the end October and will stay 6 weeks out of the country. We plan to resent the EEA2 application to day and request her passport back around the first week of october just to make sure she gets it in time to travel.

My question is, does the application automatically end is is scrapped when we request the passport back.

If the documentation doesn't arrive by the time she needs to return to the UK, what are her options to entering the country (she will be traveling with the baby but not me).

many thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:39 am

Better to ask EEA related questions in the dedicated EEA section in the forum and not here.

Asking passport back will not affect her application.

As a Brazilian, she should not have a problem boarding a flight back to the UK. Once at the border she should be allowed to enter as a spouse of EEA national if she can produce the CoA (the letter acknowledging the application) or proof of her relationship to you (marriage certificate) and proof of your PR status (a copy of your passport + a copy of yor PR card).

Did she live in the UK for 5 continuous years? At least 6 months each year?

If you have PR, then providing proof for EEA4 should not be difficult. Why did you find it difficult?

ojconcentrate
Newly Registered

Post by ojconcentrate » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:09 pm

the story is continue here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=721714

I posted the updated information in the EEA specific forum. sorry for the confusion.