ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Change of Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DeepakV85

Tier 2 - Change of Employment

Post by DeepakV85 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi,

Please advise whether I need to quit my current sponsor before applying for visa for a new sponsor for Change of employment ?

Thanks
Deepak

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:21 pm

The new sponsor/employer can assign a CoS to you any time, even before you handed in your notice. You just have to agree the the work start date in the CoS with your new sponsor to tie up with the termination date of your present job.

You can submit your leave to remain application as soon as you have your CoS. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to start work in your new job before you receive the approval letter from the Home Office

DeepakV85

Post by DeepakV85 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks Manci.

I have already been assigned a CoS by new Sponsor and scheduled a one day visa service by end of August. So I understand that I can hand in my notice once the visa is successful.

Further I have been given a CoS for Tier 2 (General - Changes of Employment) and I reckon I don't have to worry about RLMT. It is not something I need to show in my application ?

Regards
Deepak

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:06 pm

If you are in T2G and are changing sponsors the new sponsor would have had to do an RLMT before assigning a CoS to you unless the job is in a shortage occupation or your salary will be £150k or more. In the CoS they have to certify that the RLMT has been done (unless one of these exceptions applies)

DeepakV85

Post by DeepakV85 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Thanks Manci for the reply.

Please note they have already assigned me a CoS. It mentions CoS number with says T2 - Change of employment. Does it mean they have conducted the labor test ?

Please could you advise how can I confirm whether labor test has been certified in the CoS. Please could you let me know.

Thanks
Deepak

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 am

DeepakV85 wrote:Please could you advise how can I confirm whether labor test has been certified in the CoS. Please could you let me know.
ask your new sponsor

UKmigrant
Newly Registered

Cheated by agency, will apply for change of employment

Post by UKmigrant » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Good afternoon. I sought assistance from an agency who i thought would help me throughout this process. I came over to the UK on a tier 2 gen sponsored visa, hoping everything was in order. However when i came here, the employer that the recruitment agency provided on my COS did not know anything about me and the COS issued by them. I have not work since I got here, because all i ever wanted is to work and be here in the UK legally. And since my tier 2 visa is sponsored, I am not allowed to work unless working for my sponsor. Please help what should i do? I am planning to process a change of employment application. And on the application form, there is this question asking if i am still working for the same employer? Which i have not even started. And if i answer no, surely my application will be denied. Please give me some enlightenment on this concern. I really appreciate it. Thank you.