ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No need to send passport??? Ilr(m) is this right????

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t_kaay

No need to send passport??? Ilr(m) is this right????

Post by t_kaay » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi all, went to submit an ilr (m) application for my wife today using the settlement checking service. The advisor took copies of all our documents and told us all was fine, but she told us we do not have to send my wife's passport with the application as she has a biometric card, obtained when she was given flr (m) two years ago. The advisor took the card and sent that with the application but said there was no need for the passport. Is this correct, as all the guidance and forms state the passport should be sent as well?? Thanks

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:36 pm

You paid money to checking service, ask them.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:23 pm

asim72 wrote:You paid money to checking service, ask them.
Hmmm thanks for your sarcastic comment, but I already asked the advisor if she was sure and she assured me it was ok. I just guess I wanted some further reassurance from someone else, but unfortunately you seem to think wit is the order of the day. Hopefully someone else might be a bit more helpful. If you don't know the answer to the question, just don't reply.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:32 pm

You want to know the answer?

I would say, stop using your mind's unnecessary analysis. Just take a chill pill and relax.

Does the form or guidance tell you what happens at checking service?

The main purpose of the checking service is that applicant gets to keep all originals.

They have checked and copied your passport.
What will ukba do with your passport now? They do not put stickers on it, so they don't need it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:37 am

asim72 if you're in the wrong mood to respond to a member, it would be better you leave another member to post advice.
t_kaay don't worry, the checking service are correct.

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:52 am

Before the biometric card system was introduced they required the passport to put the ILR vignette inside, now they don't!
The checking service are correct.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 am

Thank you Casa and bob-russell for your helpful replies. I'm at ease now!