ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adult passport query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Reefzxvy
Newly Registered

First adult passport query

Post by Reefzxvy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Help me please with the below query:
I am applying for my first British adult passport.
I am naturalised British citizen
I need help with filling in the form where we need to mention the number of uncancelled passports. I have 3 passports(2 expired and 1 current)
The issue is that my current passport and previous expired passports are with home office for a dependant family application, and so will not be able to send them with my british passport applcation.I do have my passport I entered the UK. Do I have to really send all my 3 passports for the British passport application, what can I do If I don't have them?? Someone told me that I can write a letter with my application telling them that I don't have my last 2 passports as they are with Home office and ensure that I do send them my passport I came to UK on.
Please advise

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Reefzxvy
Newly Registered

Post by Reefzxvy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Jambo,

Sorry for the confusion. This question is for my brother. My query is in regards to ILR. Please help

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:26 pm

I had a little chat with some guy from IPS [call centre] yesterday about this - he said that their guidance only tells them about the passport you've entered the UK on and that is the one that needs to be sent in.

On the other hand, form [and guide booklet] clearly state that any current, uncancelled [even foreign] passport needs to be sent in, or it may delay the application.

I came in 11 years ago on passport A, since then had passports B, C and am now on passport D :D

Form only has space to write 3 passport numbers - I think I will send current one and first one [that I entered UK on] and skip the two in the middle.