ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing surname

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rengasakthi

Changing surname

Post by rengasakthi » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Hiya,

I am on Tier1(Gen) and my wife is my dependant, I am completing 5yrs in the UK this week so planning to apply for ILR for myself and in-time FLR(M) for my wife. Now my wife is in India went for maternity and will be back to UK in 2 weeks time, while she is in India she had applied for reissue of passport to include the Spouse name and changing surname which means here name is now changed from A B to A C but her VISA still has her old name.

Now my question is - do I need to apply for change of name in the current VISA for my wife before applying ILR for myself and FLR(M) for my wife?
Or while appying ILR for myself I can apply for change of name in current VISA+ FLR(M) for my wife?

Also, my wife's current visa is valid until Aug-2013 does this mean I don't necessarily need to apply FLR(M) for my wife at the same time of my ILR application? If this is true after I get ILR with in how many days/months I should apply FLR(M) for my wife?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:01 pm

What date are you applying for ILR? When date (month/year) did your wife join you in the UK as a PBS dependant?

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 pm

My wife will be back to UK in 1st week of Sept so planning to apply ILR after 2 weeks which means 3rd week of Sept.

My wife came to UK on Apr 2011 and then went back to India Feb 2012 for delivery.

rahulhomes
Newly Registered

Name change

Post by rahulhomes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:13 am

I'm in same situation as you.

I have recently applied for a name change for my wife and not sure if I have to apply for name change before ILR application.

The UKBA website states that any change of details should be informed with in 3 months however doesn't state specifically if it is applicable to name change after marriage.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ibilities/

Could anyone please let us know if they have any experience of same

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Yes its applicable for marriage too.

""""""""""""""
How can you change your personal details on your biometric residence permit? You must tell us as soon as you can if:

you change your name (for example, because of marriage or by deed poll);
you change your gender, legally or permanently;
you change your nationality; or
your facial appearance changes significantly.
"""""""""""""""""""

My question is is it possible apply for name change + ILR application same time. Because nobody has replied I am sort of planning to first get the name changed, and go for ILR after that.