ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hurray, I Got It

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sagarjv

Hurray, I Got It

Post by sagarjv » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:50 pm

Hi All,

I have completed my EC in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia today. Thanks for your assistance and help.
Here are the details abt my application:

Nationality: Indian
Profession: IT
Experience: 7+Yrs
HSMP Applied from: Singapore (at that time I was working in Singapore)
Application sent on: 19-Jan-2004
HSMP fee deducted from Credit Card on: 23-Jan-2004
Funds proof for: S$32,000.00 (Approx BP 10,000) Statment of Account letter from the bank
HSMP Approved on: 07-Apr-2004
Applied for EC on: 24-Jun-2004 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (as I changed my job in the month of March, I had to attend EC either in the country of origin or in country of residence)

Some queries related to VAF1 Application form(for EC):
Date of journy: I have mentioned date of journy as 17-Sep-2004.
Funds Proof: I have submitted the Statement of Account letter which was taken in Singapore.
I have also submitted a Accommodation Proof document sent by my friend who is staying in London with all his contact details.
In the last section(Additional info.), I have requested the Immigration Officer NOT TO contact my current employer unless it is a must.

The receipt issued by British Consulate says IF THE OFFICER NOT WISHES TO ISSUES VISA, THEN BRIT. CONSULATE PEOPLE WILL CALL WITHIN 5 DAYS. IF WE DONT RECEIVE ANY CALL, WE CAN GO AND COLLECT OUR PASSPORT ON 5TH(01-Jul-2004) DAY. So, I went on 6th day for collection. But the officer said that Visa is not ready and Brit. Consulate will call me once the Visa is ready.

Atlast I recieved a call on yesterday (05-Jul-2004) from Brit. Consulat. The lady asked me to come and collect my visa.
Today I have collected my Passport stamped with UK Visa.

Visa validity: 17-Sep-2004 to 16-Sep-2005 (This is the date I mentioned in date of journy coulmn in VAF1 form).

I am planning to look for a job before I move in to UK. Please advise me about some good IT related josites.

Any Queries?? contact me.

Best Regards,
Sagar

God's House
Newly Registered

Post by God's House » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:15 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!

SNM
Newly Registered

Post by SNM » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:35 pm

Sagarjv

Congrats ! will you plz say wat did you write in the question 7.1 regarding Employment ( What job do you propose to take in the Uk ?) of VAF 1.

Thank you!

snm

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:17 am

Sagarjv,
You should find this link very useful.

http://www.theitjobboard.com/
Mini

raoms
Member of Standing

acco. proof

Post by raoms » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:54 am

sagar,
firstly my heartly congrats for EC. I want to know whether they insisted you to attach the acco. proof ? Did they call up your friend to cross check ? Looking at many posts with regards to EC, I conclude that acco proof is not necessary. you might be having a better idea , please share it.

sagarjv

Reg. Q 7.1

Post by sagarjv » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:50 pm

Hi SNM,

Item 7.1 is not applicable for HSMP Applicants.

Regards,
Sagar

sagarjv

Thanks

Post by sagarjv » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:51 pm

Hi Mini,

Thanks for the link.

Regards,
Sagar

sagarjv

Reg. Accom. Proof

Post by sagarjv » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:57 pm

Hi Raoms,

I am not very sure we really need Accommodation Proof. But I came across many forums wherein members were talking about necessary accommodation arrangements once u land in UK. To play safe I attached the Accommodation Proof doc. Honestly I didnt check with my friend whether he was contacted by British HighComm people. I'll check with my friend and update u.

Regards,
Sagar

JayGee

Post by JayGee » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:58 am

Congratulations on EC!! Well done!

SNM
Newly Registered

Post by SNM » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:22 pm

Sagarjv

Thank you . Good luck in UK.

snm

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:25 am

Thankx for your reply. Please confirm whether they called your friend or not. If they called him / communicated with him by any means, then it is confirmed that acco. prrof is necessary.