ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA waiting time problems . ....thailand to uk

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dmax

EEA waiting time problems . ....thailand to uk

Post by dmax » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:13 pm

myself and my wife flew out to thailand on 14th june 2012 to submit app to ukba bangkok for an eea family permit for my wifes two 12 year old sons from her previous partner to join us in uk. me and wife have been married 6 years, she has resident stamp for 5 years which is due to expire on march 2013. biological father in thailand went to local amphur ( government office ) and signed papers to the effect that he was ok with his sons leaving thailand to join me and mother in uk. its now 12th aug 2012 and still we havent got the kids visa,s through, ukba have phoned my wife 2 times in last 3 weeks to ask her if she is resident in uk ( as if they wouldnt know this allready , her passport etc was all handed into vfs bangkok) vfs checked all our papers at time of sumittal and everything was there, im unemployed but am still qualified as eu national as my doctor gave me a letter to state i wouldnt work in near future due to liver disease. ive sent 2 emails to ukba in bangkok and they sent back that it wasnt an easy case, my wife is still in thailand waiting for the visa,s to come through, i had to come back to uk due to lack of funds. what is the problem here and what can i do ? THANKYOU

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:46 pm

In general these types of visa are dealt with within three weeks.

When exactly did you apply? In fairness, your case is a little more complicated than the average.

dmax

Post by dmax » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:31 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:In general these types of visa are dealt with within three weeks.

When exactly did you apply? In fairness, your case is a little more complicated than the average.
hi,
we submitted the boys visa,s on sat 30th june 12. were told by vfs staff that visa would be issued not longer than 15 days, all papers were submitted ie passports, letter from father, marriage certs, birth certs, everything was checked and everything was there, my doctors letter, all my wifes resident papers etc. cannot understand why so long, i am a qualified person excercising my treaty rights, me and my wife are married still. why are they dragging their heels ? they have all the info so i cannot understand why the wait ?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:40 pm

In general, I would say, complain, complain, complain. Point out the law. EU family permits must be issued as soon as possible, etc, etc.

It is good that you applied before they changed the rules for dual citizens (ie know from previous posts that this may be relevant).

I don't know your work history or course, but this may be what is delaying matters.

Another possibility is that they are checking the status of the children. If I were a parent, I might not want my children disappearing to another country for ever. I'm not saying that this applies to you, but you might understand that it happens to others.

dmax

Post by dmax » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:42 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:In general, I would say, complain, complain, complain. Point out the law. EU family permits must be issued as soon as possible, etc, etc.

It is good that you applied before they changed the rules for dual citizens (ie know from previous posts that this may be relevant).

I don't know your work history or course, but this may be what is delaying matters.

Another possibility is that they are checking the status of the children. If I were a parent, I might not want my children disappearing to another country for ever. I'm not saying that this applies to you, but you might understand that it happens to others.
hi , thankyou but i did not want to complain to ukba incase i rocked the apple cart but now maybe i will point out the eea ( eu ) law, im a qualified member, all our papers were complete and checked, myself and my wife actually spent the day with her x partner ( not husband ) and the kids seen him for first time in 10 years, as soon as they were born he left. he went with me and my wife and kids to government office and made a statement to say he wanted and was happy for his kids to have a new life in the uk. im going to complain .

does anyone have a link to compain to ukba thailand ????? many thanks