ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with Tier 1 G and Work Permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

black7

ILR with Tier 1 G and Work Permit

Post by black7 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Dear Forum member, I am applying for ILR this tuesday. I am applying with leave compromising of 18 month of work permit and rest of them as Tier 1 General migrant.
I wanted to know what document should I give for my work permit period, since the form states I am quoting them
" Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

I want to know what document should we provide for the work permit period

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Your Work Permit will be the key piece of evidence. Additionally if you have a letter from the employer that sponsored you confirming your employment with them on that work permit, take that along with your P60 for that period with you.

As some caseworkers ask for P60's for all 5 years, you should take them with you, to show if requested.

black7

Post by black7 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I will take P60 and work permit document with me. Just one more thing, during my Tier 1 G I have for one year ,worked as Director of limited company, and for that year I payed very little salary to myself and do not have P60 for that year... That did not create any problem for my Tier 1 extension as we have to give accounts for last year only, will it be a problem for ILR if I do not give whole 5 year P60?
As far as I have read the document there is no requirement to show p 60 for all 5 year or for Tier 1 G to show economic activity for all 5 years

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:32 pm

black7 wrote:Thanks for your reply.
I will take P60 and work permit document with me. Just one more thing, during my Tier 1 G I have for one year ,worked as Director of limited company, and for that year I payed very little salary to myself and do not have P60 for that year... That did not create any problem for my Tier 1 extension as we have to give accounts for last year only, will it be a problem for ILR if I do not give whole 5 year P60?
As far as I have read the document there is no requirement to show p 60 for all 5 year or for Tier 1 G to show economic activity for all 5 years

Thanks
Please also take a letter from your WP employer if you can get one or already have one, as some Caseworkers are known to ask for this along with the WP. For the year where you say you had very little salary, do you mean your pay was under the tax threshold? I.e. Is that the reason you have no P60? If so then it shouldn't be a problem.

It's true that P60's are not mandatory, but the reason applicants take these them with them is because some caseworkers ask for them, so it's always best to take these with you to show if requested. Note that you can request a copy of your tax and NI contribution history for the required period by contacting the HMRC if needed.

black7

Post by black7 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I do have a letter from employer stating my job, but the letter are from 2009 when I asked them for my Initial Tier 1 general application, I hope they should suffice.
Yes my pay during one year was below income tax threshold so I do not have P 60 for that year.
I contacted HM revenue for employment history and they did send me the letter, but it show that I have not paid the taxes ( as my salary was Low) but I did file my personal income tax and it was a hefty sum of money which I payed as my personel income tax and I am not able to figure out what document should I take to show my economic activity during that period?

Thanks a lot

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:59 pm

black7 wrote:Thanks for your reply.
I do have a letter from employer stating my job, but the letter are from 2009 when I asked them for my Initial Tier 1 general application, I hope they should suffice.
Yes my pay during one year was below income tax threshold so I do not have P 60 for that year.
I contacted HM revenue for employment history and they did send me the letter, but it show that I have not paid the taxes ( as my salary was Low) but I did file my personal income tax and it was a hefty sum of money which I payed as my personel income tax and I am not able to figure out what document should I take to show my economic activity during that period?
If your income did not fall under the tax threshold then that fact that you paid no tax during that year will not be an issue. If the HMRC summary shows your income, tax, NI breakdown for the 5 years as it happened then I would personally use that document as evidence instead of P60's. I.e. because then you would not need to explain why you don't have one particular P60. Just take the P60's as backup with you. Note as P60's are not mandatory, you should only submit them if requested by the caseworker on the day.

For the WP period, take whatever you have with you in terms of letter from employer (I presume you no longer work for the same employer and will find it difficult to get one specifically for this application) - Contract of Employment & the letter you mention above. One other obvious point I did not explicitly point out is that you will need to submit the passport which contains the EC you were granted for that WP.

black7

Post by black7 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Thanks a lot for your help. I will update you tommorrow after my PEO appointment

Regards

black7

Post by black7 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks cs95tdg, for your advice... Today I went for my PEO appointment and it was successful and I have been granted ILR.

Regards

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 pm

black7 wrote:Thanks cs95tdg, for your advice... Today I went for my PEO appointment and it was successful and I have been granted ILR.

Regards
Congrat's!